PDA

View Full Version : My son, who got D's in his high school science classes...

WendyW
10-04-2012, 10:14 PM
entirely due to NOT doing his homework (he took all his science at the local high school) just got his midterm grades from his first semester in college, and he has

STRAIGHT A's!!!!!!

I knew there was a brain in there somewhere!

Marcia
10-05-2012, 10:27 AM
:clap: :hop: :clap: Yay!!!!

Julie Y
10-05-2012, 11:15 AM
:clap: :clap:

Becky in CA
10-05-2012, 12:25 PM
:clap:

CINDY LB OH
10-07-2012, 03:14 PM
:clap: for your son.

My sister's son did the same thing. I'm guessing the high school classes were boring and easy? Therefore, he didn't do the homework?

My sister said her son would never do his homework either, but would get A's on all the tests. But because doing and turning in the homework was part of the grade, he got C's in all his science classes, when he should have gotten A's. It had nothing to do with his intelligence. He just didn't want to "play the game" in order to get the good grade. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to get into the college he wanted because it affected his gpa, though he had quite a high ACT score.

I'm so glad your son has some classes he enjoys working hard in. :clap:

Laura F
10-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Sounds like my brother. He never studied in high school and is now an organic chemist. He actually made fun of me for studying.... Good for your ds!

AmyinWI
10-07-2012, 10:35 PM
isnt' it amazing what a little motivation can do???
I nearly flunked out ,my junior year of highschool. My senior year, I decided I was going to be a nurse(tech college) and got straight A's. My parents were shocked!:lol: