PDA

View Full Version : Question for lapbookers

Christi in VA
05-20-2007, 07:46 PM
If you use any purchased lapbook kits, how do you incorporate it? Is it simple enough to do on one day or is it progressive throughout the FIAR Title's week? I hope that's clear.

For example, if you're doing Mr. Gumpy's Motor Car and you purchase the Water Cycle lapbook kit, do you do the entire lapbook on the day you do science/water cycle studies or do you work it in throughout the week?

Just curious. Thinking of trying one next year sometime.

ami*
05-20-2007, 08:08 PM
If you use any purchased lapbook kits, how do you incorporate it? Is it simple enough to do on one day or is it progressive throughout the FIAR Title's week? I hope that's clear.

For example, if you're doing Mr. Gumpy's Motor Car and you purchase the Water Cycle lapbook kit, do you do the entire lapbook on the day you do science/water cycle studies or do you work it in throughout the week?

Just curious. Thinking of trying one next year sometime.

:hi:

I haven't had the chance to buy a FIAR Fold and Learn yet (we had already finished both titles before they came out). If I were to buy a Fold and Learn, I would most definitely use it the same week lesson by lesson.

I have purchased HOAC Butterflies Project Pack for next fall. We are going to row The Salamander Room for a week (starting on a Monday with our FIAR co-op) and ending on a Friday with a SUPER GREAT butterfly field trip! :hop: I plan to use the HOAC pack the week after as a rabbit trail; we will also read a stack of books from the library.

The Butterfly Project Pack has 16 different minit books to make and ten days worth of lessons (65 pages in all). I couldn't attempt to do that and FIAR at the same time. We really get in to FIAR around here, and I don't want to subtract from that. I'm sure other people can multi-task...and that others are super ambitious, but I'm not. :no: We won't do all 16 minit books...there's no way-- I like to pick/choose (FIAR kinda has me spoiled that way!).

A rather lengthy answer to your question, but I hope it helps! :)

annmarieseiler
05-20-2007, 10:27 PM
I do a lapbook for each FIAR title from the material in the manual. If I add a companion lapbook for something DC are particularly interested I will select 10 items from the pack and do 2 a day.

Nancy Ann
05-23-2007, 03:09 PM
I love doing lapbooks, but I noticed when I try to rush through and finish the lapbook in one day it ends up not being as much fun. I really recommend just putting 1-3 items in your lapbook each day and spread it out over the week or set number of days of your lesson.

Robin H in VA
05-23-2007, 06:09 PM
Hi Christi

We have not done a lapbook yet, but I went to a How To Lapbooking class one evening at Immaginations, not the one in Radford, but the one in Blacksburg. If you want, I could probably get in touch with Paula and see if she will do the class again.

I have purchased some of the FIAR Fold and Learns, but have not put them together yet. I just downloaded the one for Memorial Day, so I am hoping to start that one on Saturday and finish it on Monday since I don't have to work.

A friend of mine, that use to be on these boards (Kelly G. from VA, if you are still on here, drop me a line) use to do lapbooks with her dd all the time. I was hoping to learn from her, but she moved to Mexico. She is the one that also turned me on to FIAR. I think she and her dd did a lapbook for every FIAR book they rowed and she scattered the work time over the week or two.