PDA

View Full Version : Inuit games article

Amber in Ga
05-21-2007, 09:20 AM
I recently bought 2 years worth of Highlight magazines from our thrift store for real cheap.
While browsing I found this article and remembered that one of the books has Inuits. We havent rowed it yet so I can't remember the title.

January 2007 issue of Highlights magazine pages 26-27
artilce title:
Inuit Games
IT talks about games the Inuits play and why they play them then gives photos of real kids doing them.

It also has a link to the Junior Native Olympics Games on the Highlights.com page.
I havent had a chance to look or find this yet.

Jenene
05-21-2007, 03:24 PM
We just rowed The very last first time book and that has Inuits in it... is that the one you are thinking of.. it is a very fun book to row!
Jenene

ab.grace
05-21-2007, 09:09 PM
What is Inuits?

AB

Amber in Ga
05-22-2007, 08:37 AM
What is Inuits?

AB

They are natives to Alaska, Artic Canada, and Greenland. They are original habitants of those areas much like our Native Americans in areas of the US.

Nan in SouthTX
05-22-2007, 12:10 PM
We called them "Eskimos", but they prefer "Inuit". I believe that's their real name.

Robin H in VA
05-22-2007, 06:48 PM
I saw that issue at our dentists office. I was going to ask if I could have it, but I didn't. It would have been a good resourse when we did a study on the Inuit. I purchased the Native American History Pockets from Evan-Moor. My ds loved it. The whole book covers nine Native Tribes.

I found several books at the library about the Inuit. One of them was our FIAR story Very Last First Time. This book makes me cry. I hope to do the next Pocket soon, this one is about the Tlingit of the Northwest. I am really having a problem of finding books about this tribe. You don't need any books to use the History Pockets, but I like to have as much material as I can. This keeps ds interested.