PDA

View Full Version : To row one week, or two -- THAT is the question...

Shelly L
05-21-2007, 10:13 PM
Okay -- I work 20 hours a week, and since jumping in to FIAR in earnest, I have been planning two weeks per book so that I can work all the information in that I hope to cover. On paper, this looks like rowing Monday and Tuesday, and "lightly rowing" on Wednesday, and then off for two weekdays, then back at it on the following Monday and Tuesday and possibly Wednesday of the following week, depending on how it goes. I work Wed and Thurs mornings, and so those afternoons don't allow for all of the school we need to cover. I tend to just focus on the reading and phonics stuff at those times, (as long as I can stay awake!)

Anyway, not looking for answers, really -- I'm just wondering if any of you row two weeks per book and what that schedule looks like, generally, for your family.

THanks,

Shelly

Mary FL
05-21-2007, 10:36 PM
Yes, often we row a book for two weeks. One week isn't enough for us because of everything else that's going on in our lives outside of the home. We also like to do a lot of added reading with the particular book. This week it's weather, particularly thunderstorms.

SoniaM
05-22-2007, 12:00 AM
we row a book a month ,but soon we will row a book a fortnight-- we need more than a week

AndreaD
05-22-2007, 02:00 PM
If I'm understanding right you would be "rowing" the book for about 6 days- 2 of them lighter- that sounds about perfect- especially if you have the Christian Character Supplement and Cookbook- and you could work those into your 6th day.

We've rowed the vol 4 books for 2 weeks- so 10 days each title, but the other titles we kept to 1 week each, and if we didn't get to all the imformation (ok- we NEVER got to it all) sometimes I re-rowed, and sometimes we just didn't get to those lessons.

Stacy in OR
05-22-2007, 03:40 PM
We take two weeks to row a book even though we don't row every day of those two weeks. Up until a couple of weeks ago, my oldest two children were in a speech club once a week. We often didn't row on that day. We also need to fit in errands/dr. appts., so that would take an afternoon. Anyway, things always come up, so I plan on rowing two weeks with maybe 5-8 days of rowing. I have also had to discipline myself not to do ALL of the activities suggested in the manual. You really could row for a couple of weeks and spend a few hours every day!

Alice R
05-22-2007, 03:49 PM
I work ALL day on Wednesday (like 15 hours) and then land up writing all my reports during the week while trying to be a homeschooling mother. :eek:

I often do a book for two weeks becaue my two weeks are like someone else's one week.

If you were doing 10 full days, then :no: that would be too much. But approximately 5 days spread out is still 5 days.

Blessings,
Alice