PDA

View Full Version : Best ACT resources?

LisainUtah
02-13-2013, 11:03 PM
I'm looking for a couple of good resources for my son to use to study for the ACT. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

CINDY LB OH
02-15-2013, 12:31 PM
I don't know what's the best, but we used The Real ACT Prep Guide (http://www.amazon.com/The-Real-Edition-Prep-Guide/dp/076893432X/ref=dp_ob_title_bk) with dd18 and dd21. Dd18 also used the online resource from collegeboard.com. And dd21 also used the free one that HSLDA had on their website years ago. I don't know if they still have it or not, but you only had to pay shipping.

The Prep guide book has lots of tips and stuff in it, plus real tests from the past. It helped a lot for them to experience a real test and how quickly the time goes by when you have to answer a TON of questions in such a short amount of time.

Rebe
02-15-2013, 12:42 PM
You may already be doing this, but my ds went on the ACT site each day and answered the question of the day.

He used a guide but he didn't like it (I can't remember the name of it -- author's name begins with an S and it's a Christian author), so I can't recommend that. I know for math in particular it wasn't much help to him at all. I kind of wish I'd bought him a different guide.

Donna in MO
02-16-2013, 07:06 PM
You may already be doing this, but my ds went on the ACT site each day and answered the question of the day.

He used a guide but he didn't like it (I can't remember the name of it -- author's name begins with an S and it's a Christian author), so I can't recommend that. I know for math in particular it wasn't much help to him at all. I kind of wish I'd bought him a different guide.

Stobaugh? We have his SAT test prep book. It's very different than the McGraw-Hill books, and my dd wasn't interested in going through it at all. I haven't seen Stobaugh's book for the ACT, though.

Rebe
02-16-2013, 08:21 PM
Stobaugh? We have his SAT test prep book. It's very different than the McGraw-Hill books, and my dd wasn't interested in going through it at all. I haven't seen Stobaugh's book for the ACT, though.

Yes. My ds didn't get much out of it.