PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy a cigar?

Kelly in Kentucky
05-22-2007, 07:20 PM
I want to do the steam experiment in the archives for Mike Mulligan, but it requires a metal cigar tube. I have no clue where to even buy a cigar. Can I get these at Wal-Mart? If so, in what department?

I would really prefer not to buy a cigar, but I cannot think of a substitute. Do you have any other suggestions? :)

DeniseR
05-22-2007, 07:32 PM
Look in your phone book for a tobacco/cigar shop. Call and tell them what you need and what it's for. They may have some empty ones.

Kelly in Kentucky
05-22-2007, 07:35 PM
Look in your phone book for a tobacco/cigar shop. Call and tell them what you need and what it's for. They may have some empty ones.

I live in Podunkville. :eyes: Our little town does not even have a tobacco shop. :lol:

Jessi
05-22-2007, 07:38 PM
You have a liquor store in Podunkville? They should carry some. You can try Wal-Mart, but they may not carry the metal tubes. :)

Robin H in VA
05-22-2007, 07:48 PM
I could not ever find a metal tube.

Someone suggested to me to go to a metal shop, like a body shop or to a local high school and get a metal tube made.

I never did either, but I think I will if we re-row this one.

Good luck

Edit: I found plenty of cigars, just not the metal tube.

MarieD
05-22-2007, 08:10 PM
I could not ever find a metal tube.

Someone suggested to me to go to a metal shop, like a body shop or to a local high school and get a metal tube made.

I never did either, but I think I will if we re-row this one.

Good luck

Edit: I found plenty of cigars, just not the metal tube.

Where in VA are you? I know the Manassas Mall has a tobacco shop. Only specific cigars come in the metal tube, and I believe they can be on the pricier side for cigars.

Robin H in VA
05-22-2007, 09:18 PM
I live in Montgomery Co.

There are Tobacco outlets around the area, but everyone that I went into, they all told me the same thing, they didn't have the type of cigars that come in the metal cases. I checked with Wal-Mart a couple of times, but I never seen any cigars there, so I just assumed that they didn't sell them at all.

NurseNicole
05-22-2007, 11:17 PM
My step father was/may still be a cigar smoker. the metal tubes come with the "fancier" cuban cigars. You have to buy them from a smoke shop that has imported cigars...not easy to find anymore. You could get one from here... http://cigarsupply.com/rleather2.htm I searched and this is all I could find.

Kelly in Kentucky
05-23-2007, 06:34 AM
You have a liquor store in Podunkville? They should carry some. You can try Wal-Mart, but they may not carry the metal tubes. :)

Nope! :) We live in a dry county so it is illegal to sell liquor of any kind.

I do know someone who owns a machine shop, so I could possible have a metal tube made, but that seems like too much effort for this experiment. There must be something easier. Maybe I can get Rodney to help me brainstorm. If we come up with a substitution, I will post it. Thanks! :kiss:

shalomew
05-23-2007, 07:11 AM
Maybe your husband could ask some of his friends? Some guys might smoke cigars on guys nights out or something who normally don't smoke etc..

Wendy KY
05-26-2007, 01:50 PM
:lol: Kelly, I just had to wonder. By your topic line I thought, "Has Kelly lost her mind!":lol: The mental picture I got of you smokin a cigar just made me:lol: :lol: :roflol:

And ya'll know there really isn't an actual town here called Podunkville, right?:D

Kelly in Kentucky
05-26-2007, 02:49 PM
[QUOTE=Wendy KYAnd ya'll know there really isn't an actual town here called Podunkville, right?:D[/QUOTE]

Podunkville in simple terms means nowhereville. :lol:

Rodney ended up buying a copper pipe from Lowe's. He thinks that will work. We will see....:)