PDA

View Full Version : Bluestocking books for gov't and economics

Rebe
05-02-2013, 09:07 PM
I know several people here have used Uncle Eric's Bluestocking books for Econ and Gov't. I bought the ones on Economics, Justice, and political parties, and they look great.

My question is, how exactly did you use them for a high school course? What did you assign? How did you evaluate? What did they do besides read the books? I bought the study guides, too, but there is WAY too much stuff in there. It'll take me hours and hours just to wade through it all. I guess I was hoping that someone could tell me what they did and I could just copy it, or at least use it for a starting point!

Rachel Jane
05-03-2013, 06:50 AM
My guys read the chapters and either did the study guides or end of chapter questions depending on the book. I remember there being a sheet for a suggested order of reading. You didn't get that? After they finished a chapter we would go over their answers or just discuss the chapter.

- - - Updated - - -

Is your hubby available? Mine often isn't, but these topics were ones that my sons brought up with him regularly when we were in the throes of studying them. Can you farm this out to your DH?