PDA

View Full Version : A good video go-along for the How to make an apple pie book

YoLanda
05-24-2007, 06:24 PM
We found a Reading Rainbow dvd from the library with that book in it. I really enjoyed it, but it's not that much different than reading, I guess:unsure: But there is a chef on the show that makes a veggie lasagna and talks about his reading issues. Also, there is a bonus of ' Saturday Sancocho' which is a cute story of how a grandma doesn't have the ingredients to make the weekly stew but shows how she can turn 12 eggs into all the ingred. she needs. Good for lessons on ingenuity.

The title, other than RR is 'Math is Everywhere'. It also has 'How much is a million?'.

Karrie AK
05-25-2007, 12:02 PM
I just checked to see if that is at our library, there is something that matches the title. Do you have authors on those videos or book that you were talking about. Thanks for the tip.

Karrie

YoLanda
05-25-2007, 02:29 PM
Here is the info from our library:

Item Information Catalog Record
Reading rainbow. Math is everywhere [videorecording]
Western New York Public Broadcasting Association.

Publisher: Educate Media Resources, Ltd.,
Pub date: c2006.
Pages: 1 videodisc (90 min.) :
ISBN: 9781933863542

Reading rainbow. Math is everywhere [videorecording]
Western New York Public Broadcasting Association.
Title: Reading rainbow. Math is everywhere [videorecording] / Western New York Public Broadcasting Association.
Publication info: Bermuda : Educate Media Resources, Ltd., c2006.
Physical descrip: 1 videodisc (90 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
Contents: How much is a million? -- How to make an apple pie.
Summary: In the first episode explore ways of conceptualizing really big numbers - a million, a billion, and a trillion and visit Giant Stadium to see how employees and vendors use estimation to prepare for games. In the second episode you will join chef Curtis Aikens in his kitchen where he creates his new recipes