PDA

View Full Version : Apple Pie "funny"

Nan in SouthTX
05-24-2007, 09:25 PM
Guess what we found in How to Make an Apple Pie...?
William discovered that in the scene where the lady goes to Vermont to pick apples, she gives an apple to the cow and the chicken. Instead of eating it, the chicken lays on hers like it's an egg! :lol:

Mary FL
05-24-2007, 09:37 PM
:lol: I'll have to get out our copy and see! I love that book!

Did you try the apple tasting idea? We tried quite a few at one time and made a chart of each apple, if it tasted tart or sweet and whether or not we liked it.

Jen M
05-24-2007, 10:22 PM
LOL! :lol: We are rowing this book this week and did not notice that! Well we will have to spot that tomorrow! This is my favorite book so far!

YoLanda
05-25-2007, 02:40 PM
That is cute :lol: We just saw the story on Reading Rainbow and I did notice the cow had one in her mouth.

We like the apple tasting, too. we did that at Happy Apple Farm where we live when the trees are ripe for the pickin'. We'll have to go back when we do that book.

Rebecca G
06-12-2007, 06:53 PM
Oh that is so funny!:roflol: This book is one of our very favorites! We will have to go look at that again:)

Blessings,

Kendra AU
06-13-2007, 07:39 AM
Oh the illustrations in this book are so cute and funny that my boys fell in love with it instantly. This is one of the "we have to owns". hehe

The apple tasting was so much fun! It took us ages, but we finally landed our hands on the Black Arkansas!

Kendra

Holly S
06-13-2007, 08:22 AM
:lol: I hadn't noticed that! DD will get a big kick out of that this fall!