PDA

View Full Version : personal finance class?

Rebe
06-24-2013, 01:53 PM
I'm looking for a Personal Finance class (1/2 credit) for my senior. I would like it to be on the computer or online, if possible.

Rainbow Resource sells a Switched-On Schoolhouse one. I've never used those classes. Anyone have any experience with it? If not, did you use something you liked?

The reason I don't want to do just a dry textbook is that ds did Abeka Health and he was bored to death. I was looking for something a little more dynamic than just read a book and take a test. At least on the computer, it may not be quite as boring?

I was really hoping for a class at our learning center this year, but it looks like they're not going to offer one.

Miranda.in.WA
06-24-2013, 02:02 PM
My son did Dave Ramsay's personal finance for teens with our co op this last year. There is a DVD component, and a workbook. He learned quite a bit and is set to never have a MTG or a car payment...**snicker** ;)

Rachael
06-27-2013, 12:07 PM
My son did Dave Ramsay's personal finance for teens with our co op this last year. There is a DVD component, and a workbook. He learned quite a bit and is set to never have a MTG or a car payment...**snicker** ;)

My teens did this in a group setting this year too. They loved it. A commercial will come on the radio and they'll tell DH and I exactly how that commercial is trying to mislead you. I highly recommend his course.