PDA

View Full Version : Above and Beyond question...

beckb
08-15-2013, 12:17 PM
I'm wondering what your experience with "Hitty" was like?? I have an outdoor, animal lover 13 yr. old boy who gets bored very easily with "school." Trying to find something that could direct us in some of his areas of interest. So appreciate any helpful comments :)

Nedra in California
08-21-2013, 07:10 PM
Hi! We actually began our FIAR journey in Above and Beyond. My children were 14, 10, and 6 (before the twins were born) and I had just learned of FIAR from a friend. Having a 14 yr. old this seemed like the best place to start! So ya...we went sort of backwards. I began FIAR the following year with my 7 yr. old.

We LOVED Hitty and the Above and Beyond guide! The book is just wonderful, full of adventure, and my children all enjoyed it greatly. I rowed it again when my then 6 year old was 12. I can't wait to row it again with my youngest girls.

Enjoy!!!

Rebe
08-21-2013, 10:49 PM
My 14yo dd did A&BY this year in 8th grade. It was great for her. She's not a girly-girl. There were plenty of lessons about ships, animals, history, etc. She did it very independently, so it was very hands-off for me, except for looking over her work.