PDA

View Full Version : Have any of you used Anne of Green Gables as a high school study?

Leslie Nelsen
10-12-2013, 06:55 PM
If so, can you share how you listed the courses on your child's transcript?

I'm particularly wondering about English and History. Its mostly a World History, but she is also taking a more in-depth world history this year. The English focused a lot on poetry.

I'm just wondering whether to list courses as English 1, 2, etc or give more descriptive names here.

Any thoughts or input are welcome!

Donna in MO
12-24-2013, 04:56 PM
What did you decide, Leslie? Or did you?

My 9th grader started WBRM during the second half of 9th grade. (She started high school with MFW AHL back in February, and did about half of that). She feels like WBRM is too easy and wants to move on to something else for 10th rather than finishing this, which is fine with me. The poetry is the part she likes best out of the whole thing.

I had thought I might call the course "Victorian Lit and Composition" and give her a half-credit for it since she did Ancient Lit during the first half. I like to get descriptive since we tie their Lit and English assignments so closely to the history time period that they're studying. She's finishing Notgrass EWH for world history.

I have NO idea what she's going to do for 10th gr. Well, I have some ideas, but no decision yet. :)

Leslie Nelsen
12-30-2013, 12:22 AM
I was not creative. English II and Contemporary World History. I like the idea of Victorian Lit and composition. I think that is a great description! :thumb:

- - - Updated - - -

I was not creative. English II and Contemporary World History. I like the idea of Victorian Lit and composition. I think that is a great description! :thumb: