PDA

View Full Version : We Finished CBThanksgiving & made a webpage

SoniaM
05-27-2007, 09:56 PM
We finished Cranberry Thanksgiving & made a webpage-Have a looky see
http://www.geocities.com/yeshuaeducare4life/index.html Click on CB Thanksgiving in the side bar-we really enjoyed this book alot

Sheri
05-27-2007, 10:24 PM
How fun!! Thanks for sharing, I love your webpage

Cate OH
05-27-2007, 11:50 PM
WOW! That is awesome! :cool:

Thanks for sharing.

carriejoy
05-28-2007, 12:15 AM
very cool - you guys did a lot!

Tamie_in_MI
05-29-2007, 05:44 AM
I made a silhouette picture by taking a profile picture of my child, scanning it into the computer and enlarging it. Then cutting it out, tracing it and retracing it onto black paper. The second time we ROWed CB Thanksgiving, we took profile pictures using instamatic camera and cut out the print and using the black portion.

I'd love to learn how you did your pictures.

Watching the Duggar Family on TLC last night, they showed how silhouette pictures first started. A man named Silhouette liked to make shaped and such with scissors and paper. He got good at making cutout profiles of family and friends...

Paige P
05-29-2007, 08:20 AM
Great job! We loved CB and have really enjoyed the others in the "Cranberry" series, as well.

I, too, am interested in how you did those silhouette pictures ;)

DD in IL
05-29-2007, 08:22 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun. We really like this book.

Rae
05-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Very neat! This is one of my favorite books(although, I say that about most of the FIAR books!). I too would like to know how you did the silhoutte pictures. Thanks for sharing!

SoniaM
05-29-2007, 05:40 PM
we took photos of their profiles ,uploaded and used photoshop elements (threshold) button to darken their pictures then i used digital paper to use as a background

Kristina
05-30-2007, 01:29 AM
I loved your blog. I love how you have a display table. Do you leave that set up as you are rowing? I am now trying to figure out where I would have room to do that. What a great idea.

Kristia

SoniaM
05-30-2007, 02:49 AM
I do leave it set up and we add things as we go-we row each book monthly so it stays around for awhile--it only has to be a little gathering place..like a mantle piece, a bedroom dresser ,your kitchen hutch,just enough space they can display things and when grandparents and visitor pop by the can show off all the are doing.
thanks for your sweet comments everyone:)