PDA

View Full Version : Might be helpful with notebooking

Tricia O
05-29-2007, 09:18 AM
I can't find a picture of this online, but at our Walmart last night, I found something called "8 pocket organizer" by Ampad. They had pastel purple, pink or blue. The description says "security pouches with flaps." The front has an elastic piece to hold it shut. It is all plastic. When you open it up, each page is kind of like a file folder with pockets, except each pocket is more like a pouch that you can close, and that can hold small pieces of paper without losing them. I thought this might be a useful tool with our notebooks. We start our new school year next week and we are going to try the notebooking we've been reading about. We are planning to do one story each week for 3 weeks and use the fourth week for review and assembling our notebook pages for those 3 stories. We thought about using Fridays to pull it all together, but we plan to make Friday be library day, then afterward go to the park (with lunch) and then go visit DH's grandmother in the nursing home. We don't visit her nearly as much as we should, and we thought this might be something nice for the kids to do, to show that they care. We might also plan our other errands on Friday as well. Our goal for this year is to complete at least 6 books per 9 week period (which would be better than we've been doing :blush: ). Also, we plan to start doing FIAR first thing in the morning, as otherwise it's usually the first thing to go if we run out of time. :sad: Anyway, I just thought I would share. Oh and they also have matching 13 pocket accordian file folders. I bought one for each kid to hold all their drawings, art work, etc. and if they run out of room in it, they will have to pick which ones to get rid of to make room for more. I am hoping this will work!

karendg
05-29-2007, 09:22 AM
I just bought one of these to use for my planning for next year. (the pink 8 pocket one) I am planning to print out whatever I need for what we are rowing (maps, worksheets etc.) and use one pocket per book and everything will be right there at my fingertips. I have used file folders in the past but I think this will be better.

Tricia O
05-29-2007, 09:25 AM
Karen, great idea! I can use the blue one for that, as my son is too young to make his own notebook yet. :thumb: (I bought one of each of the 3 colors.)

Shannon F.
05-29-2007, 10:02 AM
In what department was it? Scrapbooking/crafts or school supplies? I think I'd like to get a couple.

karendg
05-29-2007, 10:30 AM
In my Walmart they were in the same aisle with the pens and tape.

Shannon F.
05-29-2007, 10:33 AM
Thanks, I'll look there.
:)

Tricia O
05-29-2007, 10:41 AM
In our walmart, they were in the office section with the other binders/notebooks & file folders. (I think the planners were also on this aisle.)

Shannon F.
05-29-2007, 06:02 PM
Thanks! I found one randomly misplaced. I know I'll have to go back and get another!
:cool:

DD in IL
05-29-2007, 07:45 PM
It sounds similar to what I bought at Staples. I used it to store his tests each week.

Kristina
05-30-2007, 01:21 AM
I was just today trying to decide how to keep track of things we are working on. I like the idea of lapbooks, but it seems it would create more "paper clutter". :eek: So I started thinking about notebooking instead. I will look for these! :clap:

Also, thanks for mentioning that you are moving FIAR to earlier in the day. I had just worked on our schedule and was putting FIAR at the end of the day. I am certain you have saved me the same scenario with it getting left undone!:kiss: Thanks!

Kristina