PDA

View Full Version : What are you rowing the week of 3/17

Julie in FL
03-16-2014, 08:42 PM
We are finishing up a few things from Andy and The Lion.

Vicki P in VA
03-16-2014, 08:56 PM
We are starting Wee Gillis. Thought we would get to it last week, but the girls and I ended up going out of town for a few days instead! (Spring break for us) Looking forward to this one.

Sunshine C
03-16-2014, 09:23 PM
We're finishing up Mike Mulligan and starting Ping. I found a great book at the library that bridges these two books nicely. It's called The Diggers by Margarent Wise Brown (http://www.amazon.com/The-Diggers-Margaret-Wise-Brown/dp/0786811633), and it's all about different diggers, including steam shovels. On the last page it has a joke about digging to China, and the illustrations on that page even show some ducks! :cool:

ETA that the book we have is illustrated by Daniel Kirk - apparently there is another version with another illustrator.

JoyMarie
03-17-2014, 10:15 AM
We are beginning Helen Keller and Grass Sandals. It is a busy week for us though, so I'm not sure how much we will accomplish.

JoelleH
03-17-2014, 10:34 AM
We're finally back to rowing after spending a few weeks with my family in IL.

We'll be starting Climbing Kansas Mountains.

Amy Jacques
03-17-2014, 12:24 PM
We're doing the St. Patrick's Day Fold 'N Learn today, then trying to finish Very Last First Time and Hanna's Cold Winter the rest of the week.

Becky U
03-17-2014, 02:08 PM
Wow, I am not sure what has happened to the last few weeks. We are going to try to finish Down, Down the Mountain this week. Am I the only one who can't believe it is half way through March already? The time seems to be flying by lately.

Sunshine C. - I will have to check that book out. We are supposed to start Mike Mulligan next week and maybe Ping after that. Thanks.

Tiffany
03-17-2014, 05:17 PM
Thanks Sunshine! We are doing Ping and Mike Mulligan right now. :)

Laura F
03-17-2014, 10:47 PM
Just started Mike Mulligan today, and I'm using the Fold n Learn for the first time! My dd didn't want to row Mike Mulligan, but she loves Virginia Burton stories and quickly changed her mind after I started reading. (Yay! Score 1 for Mom!)

Vicki P in VA
03-17-2014, 10:54 PM
Just a note to all the Mike Mulligan moms out there--I ordered a copy of the musical CD mentioned in the forums for MM, and my kids LOVED it. I highly recommend it for your row. :) Click here to see it (http://www.amazon.com/Mike-Mulligan-His-Steam-Shovel/dp/B0009I5SMI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395111163&sr=8-1&keywords=mike+mulligan+london+philharmonic). If you get a digital copy, you can play it right on your laptop/desktop rather than having to wait for a land delivery. Well worth the $$ in my opinion!

Kisha
03-20-2014, 06:55 AM
We're rowing The Finest Horse in Town.