PDA

View Full Version : The spiral Bare Books are perfect for notebooking!

Robin(CA)
05-30-2007, 04:09 PM
I have looked at the Wal-Mart ones and they were too small for me (I'm not creative enough nor do I desire to add fold-outs, etc), but I've been looking for something "just right" ever since.

Last week Oney said she used the bound Bare Books and someone else posted a link to the spiral ones (thank you, whoever you are!) and they are exactly what I was hoping for. And they're very inexpensive.

I ordered the 10x12 (32 pages) and 12x14 in case we decided to get a little crazy ;) and the cover is very sturdy -- lightweight cardboard, the paper is heavy -- difficult to see through. It should hold up to glue pretty well.

I also ordered a small 4x6 one for my littlest guy. Hopefully it will keep him from scribbling all over the other notebooks!

The other fun thing I got was some of the destination stickers to go with particular FIAR vol. 4 books. Arizona for Roxaboxen and Idaho for Mailing May (I think that's the one).

:thumb:

Robin in Colorado
05-30-2007, 04:11 PM
You found these online? Where, please?

Katherine in CA
05-30-2007, 04:14 PM
Hi, Robin! :hi:

That was me who posted the spiral link -- it just happened to catch my eye on the site that Oney posted. So glad you like them! Thanks for the recommendation -- I have yet to order them, but I will! :thumb:

Robin, here's the link:

http://www.barebooks.com/spiral.htm

Thanks, Oney, for yet another great site recommendation! :group:

debbie in ak
05-30-2007, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the link! These look great...I am now debating if we are going to notebook or lapbook next year. I like the idea of notebooking because it is all in one place.

Marcygirl
05-30-2007, 09:31 PM
I ordered the 10x12 (32 pages) and 12x14 in case we decided to get a little crazy ;) and the cover is very sturdy -- lightweight cardboard, the paper is heavy -- difficult to see through. It should hold up to glue pretty well.

Robin...how thick are the pages? Can you compare them to something like cardstock?

Robin(CA)
05-30-2007, 11:03 PM
Thanks for posting the link Katherine -- I can't believe I forgot it in my original post!

Marcy, I would say the pages are heavy cardstock. I have a pack of colored cardstock that I bought when we did the preschool activity swap and the pages of the books are a little heavier than that.

On the website it said that the spriral books use a heavier paper than the bound books -- heavy enough so you can't use the line guides because they won't show through the paper.

Melissa Crabtree
05-31-2007, 10:29 AM
I started FIAR late in the year and didn't have much to show for our first half, so I knew I wouldn't be able to fill a spiral one. I just bought a pack of cardstock in the printer paper section (way cheaper than scrapbooking section) and used it in page protectors and a three ring binder. It worked great for me! I think I'll do this again next year too so I can do it a little bit at a time instead of waiting to see how much I have at the end of the year. I did have to cut the page protector around a couple of minibooks, but it worked okay for us. Anyway, a three ring binder isn't quite as cute as a spiral, but it's fine for us.

Melissa in SC
05-31-2007, 11:47 AM
there are also board books!!

keep in mind there is a min. $20 to buy, but look at these prices! :clap:

Lori G
05-31-2007, 01:39 PM
I took the plunge. I ordered the 12x14 spiral 16 sheets/32 sides and the 11x8 hardback bare books with 42 sheets/92 sides.

I already have the 10x10 from walmart, but wanted something bigger.

The prices are great, but they do charge a flat rate $6.00 shipping and $20. min.
Now my dc have 3 books each to fill next year :)

Kim OB
05-31-2007, 03:37 PM
Melissa C, this is EXACTLY the same idea I was thinking about, but hadn't figured out how to do it yet. Thanks for sharing your approach. I want the flexibility of a 3-ring binder so I can add stuff and take it out in the right spot. Also, I wanted to use plastic covers to protect whatever pages get put in there because my boys can be so rough!
Kim

carriejoy
06-07-2007, 04:13 PM
If you haven't looked at the stickers, really, you should. The country map and the destination stickers are just waaaay tooooo cool and would lend themselves perfectly to Fold N Learns or regular notebooking/lapbooking. Thanks for posting gals! I want to go spend $$ However, I have to actually get rid of more crap. I'm working on not bringing in more unless I KNOW I'm going to be using it SOON. (not someday!) Still, I like those books and stickers and puzzles... oh it is too much fun! Hope I remember this site!! I've bookmarked it, but I still don't always remember!