PDA

View Full Version : quick I need a row or read aloud for the beach

lorien
05-22-2014, 05:31 PM
We have a sudden unexpected week at the beach :D. I would like to have a row or good read aloud lined up for our down time as DH will be working during the days. Who knows we may not get to it but I'd rather have it and not use it than want it and not have it. So any ideas..
my kids are 11, 9, 7 and 1 and I have B4, v1, v4

Vicki P in VA
05-22-2014, 08:52 PM
Personally, I'd vote for doing the row AFTER the beach, and just enjoying the sun. :) But if you do get to the point where you need some diversions, B4 titles that might work are The Yellow Ball, I Am an Artist, or Jenny's Surprise Summer. In v1, there's Night of the Moonjellies, or if you really want to stretch it, Very Last First Time has ocean elements (but COLD!). I can't speak to v4, as we aren't there yet. :) Have fun!

Miranda.in.WA
05-22-2014, 08:54 PM
When I think of beach I think of All Those Secrets, or was it Very Last First Time? but I think that's vol 3? Ping is on the water...other than that I'm not sure about beachy vol 1 books.

Paige P
05-23-2014, 10:37 AM
Gramma's Walk is a great beach book if you can find it :). There are some wonderful lessons in that one, too. We rowed that one before we went to the beach one year,and I bought Amanda Bennett's Sunny Seashells unit as a go-along study.

Laura F
05-23-2014, 12:31 PM
We just finished up 2 beach books, Gramma's Walk and Night of the Moonjellies. Night of the Moonjellies is in Volume 1, but Gramma's Walk (expensive to buy if you don't have library access) is Volume 2. Either book is great!

lorien
05-24-2014, 10:24 AM
Thank you so much! I think I will bring along Night of the Moonjellies to re row if we want. I also downloaded Island of the Blue Dolphin to read aloud and picked up a couple of books on shells and oceans. It turns out we will be there for ten days so I know we will want to read.

Laura F
05-24-2014, 10:49 AM
I forgot to add that Arabella from Volume 4 would be a good row and you can check out some of author Wendy Orr's other books. Nim's Island would be a good place to start!

Carrie_W
05-25-2014, 02:44 PM
My Blue Boat is a great one that has not been mentioned from B4. It is out of print, so check your library.

Jane Claire
05-27-2014, 09:15 AM
Yes, Arabella would be a good one before or after the beach, and you can get it as a single unit from the Digital Store http://fiveinarow.com/store/ :hi: