PDA

View Full Version : Our experience with Amber on the Mountain

Miranda.in.WA
05-30-2014, 11:21 AM
Just wanted to share a little from our experience with our current row. I know the impact these stories and FIAR lessons have on my kidos shouldn't surprise me as much as they do - but they still do!

I have one that doesn't read too well (7 yrs old). She tries, but I've been wondering if there is something 'there' that is making it harder for her.

Well, we read our story and of course the littles have no idea what the subject matter is (I always keep it a surprise). They love the story. We move on into our Social Studies lesson and all is normal.

Then my little one that has a hard time reading brings me her 1st grade reader book 1. She wants to read thru the whole series (which has been a huge struggle all year). She brought me a homemade sticker chart she made and has now been reading to me everyday without any reminders.

What a thrill it is to see my little unmotivated student desire to become rockheaded! :)

Paige P
05-30-2014, 05:17 PM
:clap: :hcry: What a great story -- thanks for sharing!

Becky U
05-30-2014, 08:42 PM
:clap: How wonderful!

Kendra AU
05-31-2014, 04:57 AM
Very sweet. Have you done The Bee Tree?

Rachel Jane
05-31-2014, 06:42 AM
:clap:

Miranda.in.WA
05-31-2014, 04:42 PM
Very sweet. Have you done The Bee Tree?
Yes, but I our focus was on bees at that time (our pastor is a bee keeper and gave me a box of 'stuff' to show the kids.

I think the thing is she was ready and it was her initiative. She has now finished that first reader and is excited to tackle the next!! :)