PDA

View Full Version : Snowed In by Barbara Lucas ?

KerriF
07-16-2014, 07:33 PM
Earlier this summer I purchased Snowed In as a go along to a FIAR book, but didn't write down which one it was. :unsure: Anyone happen to know off hand?

Thanks so much

Rebe
07-17-2014, 11:52 AM
I love that book! How wonderful that you now own it. :yes:

I know I've used it -- but I can't remember for what. I'll throw out a few ideas: Amber on the Mountain ("homeschooling," learning at home in the winter); Warm as Wool (frontier family life); When I Was Young in the Mountains or Three Names (country life, schoolhouse).

I'm pretty sure that I would have used it for Warm as Wool -- I also used Going West for that one, which is a beautiful book about a family moving west in the 1800s. It's illustrated by the same artist that did Climbing Kansas Mountains.
http://www.amazon.com/Going-West-Picture-Puffin-Books/dp/0140560963/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1405612132&sr=8-3&keywords=going+west

KerriF
07-17-2014, 04:27 PM
Thank you! I'm pretty sure that I found the name in one of the manuals as a go along, but couldn't remember which one. This gives me a place to start without looking through each an every book :)

Paige P
07-17-2014, 06:30 PM
I've never read that book, but just thinking of the snow titles, I think of:

* Stopping by woods on a snowy evening
* Owl Moon
* The Wild Horses of Sweetbriar
* Katy and the Big Snow
* Snowflake Bentley

Becky U
07-17-2014, 09:55 PM
It is Daniel's Duck. To go along with the theme of long winters.

Rebe
07-18-2014, 02:08 PM
It is Daniel's Duck. To go along with the theme of long winters.

:clap: Yay for figuring that out!

Becky U
07-18-2014, 04:36 PM
Thanks Rebe. I was surprised at my brain for remembering. We never read Snowed In but somehow I remembered it. No, I won't be able to find my car keys, reading glasses, or remember why I just walked into any room in my house but random stuff, I got that.