PDA

View Full Version : Health

Joy in Alabama
08-13-2014, 02:35 PM
What do you usually do for health?

Thomas is doing the health part of PE/Health on allinonehighschool, but it definitely is not worth 1/2 credit. I usually just sort of do healthy recipes and eating, but I haven't had a boy in several years so I'm wondering if I should do something different with him.

Rachel Jane
08-13-2014, 03:52 PM
My kids did health through a karate program where they earned badges for first aid, emergency preparedness, how to escape from fire, how to start fire, how to feed their bodies well...
Can you find something like that?

Rebe
08-13-2014, 04:58 PM
We used A Beka. This is our only A Beka textbook. Boy, is it boring. Or so my ds said.

However, it gets the job done. It's just your basic health education textbook, with quizzes and tests included.

ShayChristie
08-13-2014, 05:44 PM
Nathaniel took an EMT course for his health credit.

I'm trying this program this year with Ben. http://www.christianbook.com/total-health-high-student-softcover/susan-boe/9781583312261/pd/312269?event=ESRCG

Joy in Alabama
08-13-2014, 06:44 PM
Shay I used Total Health before. But I got rid of my book for some weird reason. (Sometimes when we move I get rid of things for no rhyme or reason. :lol:)

ShayChristie
08-13-2014, 08:03 PM
Shay I used Total Health before. But I got rid of my book for some weird reason. (Sometimes when we move I get rid of things for no rhyme or reason. :lol:)

:lol: Umm, do you remember what you thought about it? :D

Joy in Alabama
08-14-2014, 06:37 AM
:lol: Umm, do you remember what you thought about it? :D
I thought it was ok, but I must have thought I could do just as well pulling info together on my own. However, last night my friend offered to lend me a copy and I thought, why not? So I guess my opinions will come back to me after I look it over again! :lol:

Shannon P
08-15-2014, 03:54 PM
I have my kids read on health topics that come up on the evening news. Last week was ebola; this week is depression. Despite my laziness in designing this curriculum,:blush: they seem to come out with a fair understanding of most subjects.

Joy in Alabama
08-15-2014, 04:21 PM
I have my kids read on health topics that come up on the evening news. Last week was ebola; this week is depression. Despite my laziness in designing this curriculum,:blush: they seem to come out with a fair understanding of most subjects.

Great idea, Shannon!