PDA

View Full Version : FIAR & American Girl

Sonya
08-28-2014, 12:57 PM
Anyone put these 2 together?

Leslie Nelsen
08-28-2014, 02:27 PM
We have not put them together, but have used both. My dd spent a year doing AG studies. I have used some of the resources at times with other FIAR studies and do think you could easily combine them! Lots of great information in those books to enjoy and to enhance your learning about various time periods. :)

Sonya
08-28-2014, 03:15 PM
Yea, I love them both. Doing Marie Curie & AG Samantha right now!

Susie in MS
08-28-2014, 05:54 PM
I am alternating BY and Portraits of American Girlhood (uses first 7 AG series sets). But I have never been able to combine FIAR with AG. If you get it figured out, I would love to hear your thoughts.

Some things that come to mind:

Felicity--Paul Revere's Ride (BY-Betsy Ross)
Josefina--Gullywasher
Kirstin-- Three Names (BY-Sarah Plain and Tall and Skylark)
Addy--Who Owns the Sun, Follow the Drinking Gourd (BY- G.W. Carver)
Samantha--(BY Thomas Edison)
Kit--
Molly--Anna's New Coat, All Those Secrets of the World, Grandfather's Journey, Hanna's Cold Winter (check on these cuz I get WW1 &11 mixed up)

My problem is having time to do it all. So we alternate.

- - - Updated - - -

Add Roxaboxin to Josefina.

LeAnna(MA)
08-30-2014, 11:11 PM
We listened to The audiobook of Felicity and watched the movie when we rowed Paul Revere's Ride. But we definitely ended up doing two weeks for the whole unit. It would also match week with The Finest Horse in Town. I know that Meet Samantha is mentioned as ago-along to one of the books about an orphan, but I'm not remembering which one at the moment.