PDA

View Full Version : Lapbooks....

Jolene
09-15-2014, 04:25 PM
When my olders were younger~ we had fun making lapbooks. Ok... they had fun reviewing them and I didn't have fun folding, cutting and making them-- but they retained so much from them. Well~ my youngest (6ds) would do well with lapbooks and I am LOVING going to someone else's hard work and pushing the print button, but I am finding that it is eating a lot of time looking for lapbooks for a certain book. I don't dread making all of the lapbooks as I have in the past (and actually find the cutting relaxing when I don't have to do the thinking of putting together some minut books!!) ~ and can add my own books if I feel so compelled....or not!

Is there a collective site where I can just go find a lapbook and push print? Or an easy way to find them? :D Maybe since last week was our first week of school rowing "Three Names" (which was a bad choice for me) and since it seems to be a book not rowed much-- I wonder if that is why it was more difficult finding lapbook resources?

Sorry if this is a taboo subject!

Renee
09-16-2014, 10:17 PM
Homeschool Share used to have an easy to find section, but now you have to search and even then many of them aren't there anymore. Here is the link that has the info on this: http://www.homeschoolshare.com/blog/2013/02/where-did-it-go/
Another option is the Fold N Learn sets that FIAR sells. I got quite a few free ones when I signed up for e-mails or something like that - I don't know how often they do that, but they are wonderful. Delightfullearning.net has some great ideas as does homeschoolcreations.com (although so many are for B4 FIAR).