PDA

View Full Version : What's everyone rowing this week? November 3

Laura F
11-03-2014, 09:04 AM
Hi moms. We're starting A New Coat for Anna today, and the weather has turned chilly enough that it seems appropriate to put on a wool coat. What about you?

JoelleH
11-03-2014, 09:45 AM
we're continuing with Angelo. I'm enjoying our more relaxed rowing (going 3 - 4 weeks per book). we don't do any rowing on Tuesdays or Wednesdays, so this has worked out well. I felt too stressed in the previous years trying to get to everything in a shorter time period.

Vicki P in VA
11-03-2014, 11:45 AM
I'm having some health issues at present, and have finally given myself permission today to just stick to the basics for a while. So, no rowing for a few more weeks, I'm afraid! I am hoping we can get back to some in Dec., or maybe do some fun Christmas-themed studies (lightly, of course!). Have a fun week of rowing, everyone!

Amy Joy
11-03-2014, 12:41 PM
We are rowing Madeleine much to my son's dismay. He is not impressed at all. Studying France today was okay, but we'll see how the rest goes. He doesn't like "gross" things at all so the appendix should be an interesting study later this week. Maybe we'll stick with germs, though then he might freak out about them. I guess we'll be playing it by ear.

Sunshine C
11-03-2014, 01:52 PM
We're on a bunny trail after rowing Follow the Drinking Gourd, learning about the civil war.

Laura F
11-03-2014, 03:42 PM
I'm having some health issues at present, and have finally given myself permission today to just stick to the basics for a while. So, no rowing for a few more weeks, I'm afraid! I am hoping we can get back to some in Dec., or maybe do some fun Christmas-themed studies (lightly, of course!). Have a fun week of rowing, everyone!

Good for you, Vicki! I hope your recovery is complete and that you're able to accomplish what needs to be done each day. Perhaps your girls will read some books to you.

Trista
11-04-2014, 01:34 PM
We're also rowing A New Coat For Anna. My boys LOVED bartering with each other (and me). We're learning a little bit about WWII today, and plan on weaving, taking a nature walk to find berries and other natural dyes later this week. We had to take a few weeks off to tend to sick kiddos, and we all enjoy being back on our FIAR schedule. It's amazing how much smoother our days run with FIAR in place! :)

Amy Jacques
11-04-2014, 03:44 PM
I'm working on Grandfather's Journey with my Kindergartner. My older two are doing the Prairie Primer this year and finishing up Little House on Plum Creek this week.

heidinaw
11-05-2014, 08:44 PM
Starting The Glorious Flight. We took a little break because my son wasn't quite ready for it, but back at it!

Robin in Colorado
11-05-2014, 09:09 PM
Doing some wrap-up on Wee Gillis this week, and then we'll start a new book next week.

Angie W
11-05-2014, 09:52 PM
Our homeschool group is putting on a play - A Charlie Brown Christmas - and we have had play practice all week. So no 'real' school this week!