PDA

View Full Version : What I'm learning....

Shelly L
11-09-2014, 09:36 PM
The more I get off of the computer and trust myself to make plans, work out how I'm going to get through a school subject, and even organize my school books, I find I am much happier than when I'm surfing the net for ideas and inspiration!

Surfing had become a temporary crutch for me these past several months, and then I started thinking of former jobs I've had where I was very organized and was given freedom to do things "my way" as far as how I set about my work and completion of things. I had my methods, and they worked!

Trusting myself once again to continue on here at home without the crutches ..... :)

Becky in CA
11-10-2014, 12:50 AM
Good for you!!! :clap:

Joy in Alabama
11-10-2014, 06:15 AM
Good lesson for us all!

Rebe
11-10-2014, 07:45 AM
:clap: Yay for you! :yes:

I've found that scouring the Internet for "solutions" or answers or ideas often brings me more discontent than anything else. It leaves me feeling unsettled, often.

On another note -- what a GORGEOUS kitty you have there! :kiss: I can see why you are in love with him/her. How is that going?

Shelly L
11-10-2014, 01:35 PM
:clap: Yay for you! :yes:

I've found that scouring the Internet for "solutions" or answers or ideas often brings me more discontent than anything else. It leaves me feeling unsettled, often.

On another note -- what a GORGEOUS kitty you have there! :kiss: I can see why you are in love with him/her. How is that going?

Thanks for noticing, Rebe!! Yes, that's the kitty I told you all about, and we have become fast friends! She has to remain an outside cat, but my husband, bless his heart, has okayed all sorts of things to help her out. I had a low wooden table on our front porch to hold potted plants, and he put sides on it and today says he's going to put a front on it, with space for a door. This is just for the porch, where she currently spends a lot of time and plays, eats, etc. We are also making sure she has an insulated sleeping space in our garage out back, where she has already claimed a spot on a shelf up off the floor. We are working on that this afternoon. We are feeding her good cat food and will be getting her spayed and other vet care soon. So, short of letting her in the house, we are doing what we can. It only took about a week or so for her to get very friendly with us.

I would still give her up if I find the right family, but I don't feel led to take her to a shelter at this time. We are quite smitten with her, but I am wiling to give her up to an 'indoor' living situation if one comes along. I don't want to be totally selfish about it, but we are thoroughly enjoying her! We have neighbors who have had outdoor cats for many years, so I'm hopeful she can be as safe here, as well.

Rebe
11-10-2014, 09:38 PM
I'm so happy for both of you. :hcry: What a good home she has with you! And what a great husband you have!

If I lived closer I would be very tempted to come and make her our "indoor cat" myself. She's a beauty.

What's her name? I can't remember if you had named her yet on your other thread.

Shelly L
11-11-2014, 11:04 AM
I'm so happy for both of you. :hcry: What a good home she has with you! And what a great husband you have!

If I lived closer I would be very tempted to come and make her our "indoor cat" myself. She's a beauty.

What's her name? I can't remember if you had named her yet on your other thread.

There was a week in there where it was obvious she was going to hang around and we were trying to decide whether to keep her or not. During that week, a friend introduced me to "Chocolate Chai Lattes" at a new coffee shop that opened. Since the shop is on our path to and from events in town, I stopped there two or three more times that week!! So, we named her "Chai"! :lol:

My husband is, as I write this, working on a plexiglass door for the cat's little 'shelter' on the porch (that way it can get sun and not wind/snow!) He moved her food to the garage this morning. (My husband works about 50 yards from our house, so he is free to be in and out, especially if there is no pressing outdoor work on a day like today -- freezing and windy!) He has given the 'go ahead' for spaying. It's too cute. The only place he draws the line is at the threshold of our door! :lol:

Well, Missouri and Kansas aren't that far apart in the scheme of things! I don't think we are quite ready to give her up, though. This is tough; I don't want to be selfish, but she seems quite happy here and having her has put a lot of joy in our lives, not to mention the good of a new responsibility. Plus she is way more cuddly than our chickens!! :lol:

Rebe
11-11-2014, 02:17 PM
I don't think we are quite ready to give her up, though. This is tough; I don't want to be selfish, but she seems quite happy here and having her has put a lot of joy in our lives, not to mention the good of a new responsibility. Plus she is way more cuddly than our chickens!! :lol:

It's wonderful that you're keeping her. :yes: Not selfish at all -- just the opposite! Her pedigreed looks say "indoor cat," but cats are cats -- they are highly adaptable and most can live just fine outdoors. Some prefer one or the other, and if she seems happy, then she is happy. :) I am glad that she's bringing joy to your home. I'm sure you are doing the same for her.