PDA

View Full Version : Your h/s names...those were so neat! They all sound so ....smart!

YoLanda
06-01-2007, 10:25 PM
Just wondering...why did you come up with a name?:unsure: I think in CA people have to make their own school but if your state doesn't require it, just wondering why you made a name. For transcript purposes or letterhead? How and when do you use the school name?

Makes me want to come up with a great name..but not sure when I'd use it:lol:

Ami
06-01-2007, 11:12 PM
We chose to call our homeschool "Wellspring Academy" because a wellspring is a source of supply or source of abundance.

We really don't use the name much, but I'll put it down on teacher discount applications under school name. Hth! :)

~christa~
06-02-2007, 06:59 AM
We use it for teacher discounts. The main reason I started using mine was to be able to go to the Children's Theater during the day ata reduced price...

SoniaM
06-02-2007, 11:27 PM
we made up a name when my daughter wanted to go to school and felt that we weren't real.. i asked what would make it real ,she wanted a name and a uniform..she past on the uniform idea when she realized it was EVERY DAY:lol:

Kayla M
06-03-2007, 09:51 AM
In Louisiana we can register as a private school, so we need a name for that school.

Hollie in SC
06-03-2007, 11:08 AM
In SC we have accountability groups--our first year we had to have a name.

However, it was good to spend some time thinking about our homeschool goals and long term vision when we came up with the name. Our school is Harvest Christian School.

DD in IL
06-03-2007, 08:12 PM
We did it just because so many places ask the school name, etc and it was suggested. Now when people ask dgs what school he goes to he just says he is hsed.

Beth in FL
06-03-2007, 11:31 PM
There wasn't a big, important reason I decided to name our homeschool. I just thought it would be fun! :) Maybe someday we'll want to have T-shirts printed with the name of our school, just to help my boys feel that they're a part of something special. As a previous poster said, it was good for me to think about our largest goals as I was considering the name. I like having a biblical foundation for what we're doing, and the name and the reasoning behind it helps me keep that in the forefront. I did use the name when I ordered from Scholastic's Teacher Store. The person who took my order over the phone knew I was a homeschooler, but she still asked for the name of the school. I'm just getting started with homeschooling, but I can see that happening again -- maybe a lot.

Tamie_in_MI
06-04-2007, 04:57 AM
I'd consider if using a specific location would transfer well in case of a move. All that I read in the other thread seemed would transfer just fine.

We chose our name for discounts.