PDA

View Full Version : Using FIAR with Galloping the Globe

amyIL
06-03-2007, 09:55 AM
OK...I've made the list of which books go with the US and which books go with other countries. I'm really intersted in either using Cantering the Country while we row thru books in the US or Galloping the Globe while we row books abroad. Does anyone have any ideas for this or have you tried it? I'm worried that it might be too much. My kids are only almost 6 and 7. I don't want to get too in-depth, but thought it would be fun. Any ideas or thoughts for this newbie?:unsure:

Julie Y
06-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Personally, I think if you are new at FIAR or new at homeschooling, then your best bet would be to stick to the FIAR manual this year. Your kids are still very young. You can always do Galloping the Globe next year or if you re-row some of the books.

Just hoping to circumvent burnout for you!

Candace C
06-03-2007, 12:07 PM
Hey, I don't really "use" GtG as it is written, but I use it more as a resource to go with FIAR. I make copies of the maps for the kids to color for the appropriate countries and I read through the list of ideas...I just add maybe 1-2 things to our FIAR lessons from time to time. I think it's a great thing to go along with FIAR but I can't imagine using them BOTH completely. Or I guess you could pull ideas from both sources and go that direction...but like Julie said, for your own ease, using just FIAR would be wonderful too!! :clap:

Kelly K
06-03-2007, 04:06 PM
I tried it out and decided just to use FIAR.

amyIL
06-03-2007, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the input ladies. I think I'll just stick to Vol 1 like I originally planned and we can just have fun discovering different places all over...wherever FIAR leads us. Thanks.

Marcygirl
06-03-2007, 11:03 PM
I"ve used GTG as a resource for the past couple of years. I find it really enhances our studies.