PDA

View Full Version : Just finished our LAST vol 4 title

AndreaD
06-08-2007, 02:47 PM
with my oldset ds today. :hcry: We're going to do a few weeks of "review" then a month off and start Beyond in August. We have absolutely LOVED volume 4 (and of course 1-3 which I'm excited to start with my middle ds!) Anyhow- For our review weeks, We're just going to read 1 vol 4 book each day, and talk about our favorite things we learned with each one. We won't review the last couple of books, since they are already fresh on our minds. Also- Micah is planning a Volume 4 dinner in a couple weeks.

He's going to do something from each book- whether it's part of the meal, or a decoration or something. Anyhow a few of his plans- some recipes from the manual- others just his ideas-for appetizers- Pepper slices (Gulleywasher), Tomato slices (Albert- could probably do tomato juice- but he's got other plans for the drink), and Bananas chunks (Grass Sandals). For the main dish- Salmon (Arabella), Catfish (Higgins Bend), Cornbread (The Raft), IDAHO potatoes (Mailing May). For Dessert- Desert glass candies (roxaboxen) and Pumpkin Pie (Pumpkin Runner) Oh- and to drink- Sasparilla (cowboy charlie) For decorations he's goign to make a Sign (hatmaker's Sign), a model boat (Arabella), and he's still thinking of ideas for the other books. :D We're getting excited for his celebration dinner.

ami*
06-08-2007, 06:02 PM
:clap:

HOORAY! What fun! I love the meal idea...once he gets everything figured out you have to post and let us know. We may steal that idea some day. ;)

Kim OB
06-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Sounds like you are going to have a FEAST! What a creative, resourceful son you have. And ambitious. :)