PDA

View Full Version : Trying to figure out logistics of story disks

Kim OB
06-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Hi, I haven't started rowing yet, but am trying to figure out the logistics of some of the aspects of rowing, and I'm stumped by the story disks.

Let's say I want to have my son color it the first day and then use it the rest of the week with little velcro dots on the map. But I want to have it laminated before we put the velcro on it and on the map so it holds up to being put on and taken off over and over.

How do I have him color it in the first day, and then get it laminated for use for the rest of the week? What do you do?

Thanks, Kim

Tami in IA
06-09-2007, 11:46 AM
I'd use clear contact paper or packing tape to "laminate" them. Quick and easy.

BTW- I use poster putty to stick the disks on the map so that there isn't a "mark" on the map & they have to try to find where it goes.

Angela Paige
06-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Well there are lots of ways you could do that. You could make extra copies of the story disks. You color and laminate one set that you actually use to stick up on the map. Have your son color his own that he can then paste into his notebook or lapbook.

Just one idea for you ...
Paige

Kim OB
06-09-2007, 12:56 PM
I like "quick and easy." Thanks! And good tip about the poster putty.

Kim OB
06-09-2007, 12:58 PM
I actually wanted to make another copy for his notebook, so that's a great idea. Thanks!!

Mary FL
06-09-2007, 01:34 PM
I do not laminate. With the discs being in the volumes, I just make more copies of the discs if any get destroyed.

Jennifer in TX
06-09-2007, 08:18 PM
I'm thinking that we will have multiple copies of the story disks. One for the map, one for the timeline, and one for the notebook. Thanks, Angela for the notebook tip!! I hadn't thought of that yet.

Kendra AU
06-10-2007, 04:47 AM
Clear contact paper, clear packing tape, or a hand dandy laminater work wonders. We purchased a no heat laminater from our local Wal-Mart before we moved. It works by turning the handle and both sides come out laminated at once. I love it. I was able to get refills at Office Works for 38 dollars and they were three times the size of the one at Wal-Mart which was twenty bucks.

Kendra

Kim OB
06-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Oh, yeah, the timeline! I forgot about that. I want to do that too. :)

Kristina
06-11-2007, 12:59 AM
You could also have him use write on, wipe off markers to color it. Some of them do not rub off the way that others do.

Kristina

Ann*TN
06-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Packing tape is wide enough to cover them and they are very sturdy and shiny.

Hollie in SC
06-11-2007, 02:20 PM
I copy them onto white cardstock.

Oh....and my EK Success Whale of a Punch Circle Paper Punch is what I use to cut them out!! It is a little bigger than the story disks....but works well for me. :)

I also use clear contact paper. I sit down and pre-cut little squares that are just big enough for the story disks. I keep them in a zip-loc with my uncolored story disks.