PDA

View Full Version : Title of book - need help!

Jackie D
06-15-2007, 11:54 AM
Hi there!

I read a book several years ago that was recommended by Jane Lambert in her email newsletter. I cannot remember the title of it but it was one of the most captivating books I have ever read. If anyone could help me, that would be terrific! It was about an old fairy tale book that when people opened it, the characters would come alive. When the characters could tell that someone was opening the book, they would go to 'their places'. But not until a little girl came along did they get to finish the story. This was a book that was handed down through many generations in a family. Anyhow....that's how I can describe it. I need the title so I can read it to my second child who is all about princesses and would absolutely love it. Thank you for your help!

Jackie:roflol:

Charity White
06-15-2007, 12:31 PM
We LOVE that book! It's called The Great Good Thing and now there's a follow-up to it called Into the Labyrinth that's good as well. Get's into online books! ;) They're by Roderick Townley

http://www.amazon.com/Great-Good-Thing-Roderick-Townley/dp/0689837143/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-4015338-5140726?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1181924977&sr=8-1

And if your dd is into princesses, she might like The Tale of Desperaux by Kate DiCamillo, if you haven't already read that one.

Jackie D
06-17-2007, 09:00 AM
Thank you, Charity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: Had I known you knew the title, I would have just given you a call! Jackie Doyel

Lori D
06-17-2007, 06:25 PM
We LOVE that book! It's called The Great Good Thing and now there's a follow-up to it called Into the Labyrinth that's good as well. Get's into online books! ;) They're by Roderick Townley

Charity- Is this a book that boys would like? The review on amazon make it sound like an adventerous, funny book that I think my guys would like, but most of their favorite books don't involve princesses. :)

Charity White
06-18-2007, 10:07 AM
My boys loved it. It's just SO unusual! And this isn't a "girly girl" princess! She has mettle!!! :thumb:

Lori D
06-18-2007, 08:16 PM
thanks Charity!