PDA

View Full Version : Lesson planning for 2-week rowing...

WendyConnor
06-23-2007, 11:57 AM
Ok, help! I have volume 4, and I'm planning on rowing for at least two weeks - SO much info and ideas in each one that it will take at LEAST that long - my question is, how do you plan the two weeks? Do a FIAR week for 5 days as usual and then do supplemental stuff the next week? Or do you do a few subjects the first week and others the next week? How many days do you actually read the book before lessons? Not all 10... I'd like to get more ideas for how it is working for you guys!

Thanks in advance for your help and ideas!!

Christi in VA
06-23-2007, 12:55 PM
I had the same panicky thoughts. I think what I am going to do is do two weeks that look very similar.
WK1:
Mon-Hist
Tue-Art
Wed-Science
Thr-Math
Fri - Lang arts

WK2:
Mon-any "leftovers" from Hist that I want to cover. If not, move on to Leftovers from art.

and so on....so that I allow myself the full 2 wks on a book and get to complete all that I want to do. Plan to read the book about 5-6 times in the 2 wk period.

HTH

Jeni
06-23-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm also planning on 2 weeks for each book in Volume 4 and I was just thinking about this the other day. I think what I'm going to do will differ for each book. I might spend a couple of days on History, couple of days on LA... on some books or do as Christi suggested on some. I plan to read the book AT LEAST every other day.

Hopefully some people who have already done it will respond, I'm interested to hear how others have done it too. ;)

AndreaD
06-24-2007, 04:07 PM
We just finished vol 4- here's mostly how we did it

mon-wed social studies lessons
thur-friday- language arts

monday-art

tue- either more art or applied math

Wed- math or science

thur-friday- science

I'd usually read the book about 6 times during the 2 weeks. Mondays, wed & fridays or something like that. Although there were some that ds requested for me to read each day because he enjoyed the stories so much.

Charity White
06-24-2007, 05:52 PM
We did sorta like Andrea - two or so days/ subject. We only read the book on the first day of the subject area and referred to it the other days.