PDA

View Full Version : We made a Pavlova today!

Robin(CA)
06-30-2007, 02:49 PM
From The Pumpkin Runner recipes in Vol 4. :yum:

It's a soft meringue cake with a crispy outside and marshmallow type center. After baking, you top it with whipped cream and add fresh fruit to the top (including kiwis of course).
Yum yum!

Thanks Becky Jane for a fantastic recipe and a fun way to further our study of Australia!

Mary FL
06-30-2007, 02:51 PM
Does that ever sound good!:yum: I wonder if Amanda from Australia has ever tried that.

Cate OH
06-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Do you have any left-overs?!? :D

We *Love* the cookbook too!

Traci in Japan
06-30-2007, 08:52 PM
Australians eat pavlova all the time. It wouldn't be a bbq without one.

My kids can make them without looking at a recipe, they are so simple.

Strawberries are good if you can get them, but passionfruit is a must!!!!

Despite being Traci in Japan, I am Australian.

Jane Claire
07-02-2007, 05:04 PM
I bet passionfruit is good, I love Kiwi fruit and berries, like raspberrries and blueberries...Pavlova is a big hit around here, almost anytime!

Heather W
07-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Does this mean I should squeak it in with Katy No Pocket?!

Mary FL
07-02-2007, 07:01 PM
I've never even heard of it! Off to look at Volume 4!:lol:

Amanda
07-03-2007, 05:48 AM
Does that ever sound good!:yum: I wonder if Amanda from Australia has ever tried that.

:yes: Yes, I've eaten this ever since I was a little tyke :thumb: We often have strawberries & mango on ours too :yum: but never passionfruit for this aussie girl :p :tongue: :lol:

Amanda
07-03-2007, 05:51 AM
Australians eat pavlova all the time. It wouldn't be a bbq without one.

My kids can make them without looking at a recipe, they are so simple.

Strawberries are good if you can get them, but passionfruit is a must!!!!

Despite being Traci in Japan, I am Australian.

Traci, I had no idea you were a fellow aussie! Fair dink that's fantastic! :clap: What part of OZ are you from?

karendg
07-04-2007, 07:48 AM
This sounds :yum: (no kiwi for me though...it's one of the few fruits I do not care for.)

Traci in Japan
07-04-2007, 07:55 AM
Traci, I had no idea you were a fellow aussie! Fair dink that's fantastic! :clap: What part of OZ are you from?

I grew up in Rockhampton, and lived in Brisbane and Mackay as an adult. My parents are now in Yeppoon, so that is where we visit.

But i have spent 11 of the past 21 years in Japan, and imagine this is where i will be for a very long time.