PDA

View Full Version : My ds knows what conflict is!

Shannon F.
07-02-2007, 02:46 PM
We are rowing Lentil this week and today we discussed some of the literary elements, and he picked up on conflict right away! I would never have thought to introduce this to him (at six!). I told him to say "ding, ding, ding" when I read parts that introduced characters, conflict or setting. He loved it!

What a great curriculum! :clap:

Jane Claire
07-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Shannon....I am so glad that you tried it out and gave him a chance...what doesn't click is fine...but isn't it amazing how much fun they can have when the world is opened up to them in a gentle story book way?

Bravo :clap:

Jen in SC
07-02-2007, 04:22 PM
Cool! :cool: Mary Evelyn and I are rowing Lentil in two weeks and I am planning this lesson too. I am encouraged that it worked for you. :thumb:

Carol S
07-02-2007, 04:24 PM
Well, I was certainly interpreting your subject line differently than you meant. :D I can promise you that all 4 of my little monsters know what conflict is!!! How accurately they would recognize it in literature might be somewhat different. That was a great idea, and I'll put it to use.

Tami in IA
07-02-2007, 04:27 PM
You know, that is why I love FIAR. It not only provides things for me to teach my kids but challenges what I think my kids can process. All with out pushing them hard.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Shannon F.
07-02-2007, 07:06 PM
Yes, today was a GREAT homeschooling day! I figure we will build up to the other elements with each book. Shoot, I'd do cartwheels if he knew all the elements by the end of first grade!

AND, yes, my son CERTAINLY knows what conflict is in real life...just check out the special needs board!

Shannon F.
07-02-2007, 07:34 PM
I wanted to add that YES, he didn't even mind reading the story and discussing the elements. So exciting!:)

VeronicainVA
07-02-2007, 08:04 PM
Shannon,
That so cool about you son! Those moments make you so glad that you found FIAR:clap:. Keep up the good work mama!

Alana
07-02-2007, 11:10 PM
Shannon, I am so HAPPY:) What a great day for you! You needed one of those eh? Good job lady!:clap: