PDA

View Full Version : A note Wendy Orr (Arabella) asked me to post to the ladies on the forum

Tami in NC
07-07-2007, 09:31 AM
I've enjoyed the contact with all these great moms from such scattered places, from Guam to Alaska - and so has my mom, with the ones who've written to her. I hope you all enjoy the book and get everything you want from it. (And don't forget to go and see the Nim's Island movie next May!)

all the best,
Wendy

PS from Tami:
I have a case of 48 Arabella books on the way from Wendy, and if you email her now about purchasing one, she is referring you to me. She mentioned that she would sign these as well, so I will let you know when they arrive. I will place them on my website, so you will have a choice in payment forms. I am keeping a file with names of ladies who want to know when they arrive. My price will be the same as Wendy's price of $25 for the hardcover with shipping included in the total. It was quite expensive to have the case shipped to me. My email address is: fiveblessings@bellsouth.net, if you need to contact me.

NicoleinWA
07-07-2007, 03:36 PM
Thank you :)

Wendy's Blog:

http://wendyorrjournal.blogspot.com/

NicoleinWA
07-07-2007, 03:47 PM
I was looking at her other books... Mokie and Bik looks like a great go-along for Arabella, and Ark in the Park might fit with our Albert study (apartment living). :clap: My library had some of these, I'm looking forward to reading them.

Rebecca G
07-07-2007, 04:44 PM
I will have to check these other books out as well. They sound very interesting.:clap:

Mary FL
07-07-2007, 07:44 PM
What a nice note! We are a wonderful bunch of people, aren't we?:lol:

Kendall in GA
07-09-2007, 09:39 AM
Thanks for sharing! Now, it sounds like we should have an ultimate FIAR field trip to meet Ms. Orr! :D Maybe we could go for the Australian premeire of Nim's Island. Oh!, how will I sell this one to my dh?! :lol:

Linda
07-09-2007, 04:22 PM
I purchased one of the hardbacks from Wendy, it's beautiful. :clap: We already owned the paperback version. I was pleasantly surprised when the hardback came and the illustrations were just gorgeous. :thumb:

We've also read Ark in the Park (it's one of Becky Jane's recomendations in an old version of Rest Stop). We read it for our bookclub one month. It's a great book. All the kids really enjoyed it.

I'd love to go on a FIAR field trip to Australia! :hop:

Jennifer Unsell
07-09-2007, 11:31 PM
Thank you for posting her blog Wendy! I love to read authors blogs and didn't realize she had one! :D

Holly S
07-10-2007, 12:02 PM
I sent you an email, Tami. :)

Sue in MN
07-28-2007, 02:38 AM
I've enjoyed the contact with all these great moms from such scattered places, from Guam to Alaska - and so has my mom, with the ones who've written to her. I hope you all enjoy the book and get everything you want from it. (And don't forget to go and see the Nim's Island movie next May!)

all the best,
Wendy

PS from Tami:
I have a case of 48 Arabella books on the way from Wendy, and if you email her now about purchasing one, she is referring you to me. She mentioned that she would sign these as well, so I will let you know when they arrive. I will place them on my website, so you will have a choice in payment forms. I am keeping a file with names of ladies who want to know when they arrive. My price will be the same as Wendy's price of $25 for the hardcover with shipping included in the total. It was quite expensive to have the case shipped to me. My email address is: fiveblessings@bellsouth.net, if you need to contact me.

Is your website your blog? I'm confused because I couldn't find anything about Arabella on your blog.

Tami in NC
07-28-2007, 08:01 AM
You can access my website from the logo at the top pf my blog, or you can go directly to it at http://www.dhss.com.

Have a blessed day! Tami

Sue in MN
07-28-2007, 11:08 AM
I did a search for Arabella on your website and didn't find it. Sorry to be so dense here. Am I missing something?

Tami in NC
07-28-2007, 11:59 AM
I just realized that I had not added the books yet, since they are not in. The FIAR ladies who wanted to be on my hold list have emailed me at fiveblessings@bellsouth.net. When the books come in, I will email these people first. I didn't add it to my website, since I did not want to take payment until the books arrive. They are coming by boat, so there was a time delay in getting them to me. I know they are on their way to me. I just don't have a delivery date yet.

Sorry for thew confusion!

Have a blessed day! Tami

Jane Claire
07-28-2007, 01:50 PM
To Mary FL, :roflol:

Sue in MN
07-29-2007, 12:09 AM
I sent you an email, Thanks!:D