PDA

View Full Version : Article about One Morning In Maine(re: Robert McClosky)

Sharon C
07-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Even though one morning in Maine isn't one of our FIAR books, Blueberries for Sal is, and I thought this was an interesting article in our local paper this AM.

http://www.bangordailynews.com/news/t/hancock.aspx?articleid=151950&zoneid=178

Mare
07-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Sharon,

Thanks for sharing this article with us. I enjoyed it.

carriejoy
07-12-2007, 09:43 AM
I must be hormonal. That story brought tears. Not a lot - just a heavy moisture of the eyes. Nice article. Makes me want teh book which will probably make me want to take a trip! ;)

We'll say howdy when we do take that trip Sharon! I was in Maine 2 years ago with a good friend. We had some fun encounters with a few locals!

Heather W
07-12-2007, 02:16 PM
Thanks Sharon. I'm printing the article. What fun go along and real life thing to put in a notebook!

BTW, are you in Bangor? I used to have a college friend who lived in Brewer. I visited her a few times. I would love to take my family to Acadia NP.

Heidi J
07-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Thank you. I love that book so much. My mom read it to me when I was little. I passed the article on to my mother, who grew up in Maine. We used to visit my uncle in Bangor every year. My parents and my sister and her family are going up to Maine the end of the month for the family reunion. We can't go :sad: .

Sharon C
07-12-2007, 11:38 PM
We are about 35 miles south of Bangor. I had that book as a child also, and my dad always read it to me. The sad thing is, until I read the article this AM, I didn't even realize that Condon's Garage was real! We could have gone to see it :sad: I did like the article though, I'm glad you all enjoyed it.