PDA

View Full Version : The "Pings" at our park didn't like the rice cakes, LOL!

Amanda Williams
07-12-2007, 03:54 PM
They immediately ran away from the girls! We also took some white bread, thank goodness and they gobbled that right up, but I think the girls were a bit disappointed that they weren't like the "real" Ping. ;) :D

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b59/Ajwilliams/?action=view&current=Ping.jpg

Jeni
07-12-2007, 05:14 PM
It must be an Asian thing....the ducks here in Japan love rice cakes. :lol:

You can let your girls now the "Pings" in Asia really do eat "tender rice cake crumbs" :thumb: Looks like they had fun anyways though. :thumb:

Paige P
07-12-2007, 05:18 PM
How funny :lol:

karendg
07-12-2007, 06:45 PM
My first thought...smart "Pings" :roflol:

My second thought..maybe Japanese rice cakes taste better than American ones. I never met a rice cake with a tender crumb...did you? :lol:

It must be an Asian thing....the ducks here in Japan love rice cakes. :lol:

You can let your girls now the "Pings" in Asia really do eat "tender rice cake crumbs" :thumb: Looks like they had fun anyways though. :thumb:

Chelsea
07-12-2007, 07:35 PM
I wonder if Asian ducks will eat white bread?:unsure:

When we first adopted our kiddo from Guatemala, he would eat really spicy stuff like it was nothing. Now that we've turned him into a gringo he complains all the time that things are too spicy.

Shannon F.
07-13-2007, 12:22 AM
Japanese rice cakes ARE better! My sil is Japanese and just came for a visit and brought some that my dd gobbled down!

Jane Claire
07-13-2007, 11:54 AM
Perhaps we should all find an Asian store near us!:lol:

It is a great teaching moment though, to learn that ducks eat what they are used to! The story took place in China and your kids experienced that it isn't the same in America! Now more investigation...would the Asian ducks eat white bread...would other American ducks eat hard rice cakes....would American ducks eat good rice cakes? Our children will turn into sleuths!

Learning about the world around us (whether that's other countries, or our own back yard) is a big part of Five in a Row! :clap: