PDA

View Full Version : A Go-along for Katy No Pocket

CJ
07-12-2007, 10:59 PM
In searching for a couple books to go along with Katy No Pocket, I came across the book Fish in his Pocket by Denys Cazet.

The synopsis is, "All through school Russell the bear is worried about the little orange fish in his pocket, until he figures out how to return it to its pond."

Sounds cute...

Paige P
07-13-2007, 06:45 AM
Thanks for sharing ...that does sound cute ...... My kids LOVED Katy!

I'm going to "steal" your thread and add another one that I've been meaning to post (I apologize if that bothers you....).

After we read Katy, I found Little New Kangaroo by Bernard Wiseman (Illustrated by Theresa Burns) that's about a "newborn" kangaroo who wants to play with his friends (other Austrailian animals), and his Mama puts them all in her pocket and then takes them on a playdate and then returns them home.

CJ
07-13-2007, 02:55 PM
Thank you, Paige. This book sounds great, too! I'll have to check my library system for it.

Don't worry about "stealing" my thread... Is there such a thing? :eek:

I'm just thrilled to be sharing FIAR ideas and resources with everyone.
It's such a big help, improves our rowing and saves me time.

:clap:

Lori D
07-13-2007, 04:28 PM
After we read Katy, I found The New Kangaroo by Bernard Wiseman that's about a "newborn" kangaroo who wants to play with his friends (other Austrailian animals), and his Mama puts them all in her pocket and then takes them on a playdate and then returns them home.

Paige- that sounds so cute and my son's favorite book this year was Katie, so I would love to read this one with him- do you know if that book is OOP?- I have looked at two library systems and on amazon.com, yet can find not such book.

Paige P
07-13-2007, 09:06 PM
Okay -- I messed up the title :blush: I guess that's what I get for trying to be "quick." I don't know if it's OOP or not -- I picked it up at a used book sale, figuring that it might go-along with Katy. It was printed in 1993, and the ISBn # is 0-395-65362-2

Hope that helps. I checked amazon, and it's there. Apparently, some people have listed it under the illustrator vice the author -- I'm assuming it's the same book, though (yep, doubled checked -- the ISBN # is the same).

Lori D
07-13-2007, 09:35 PM
Thanks!! Looks cute.

Mechelle in OR
04-21-2008, 02:17 PM
How about "There's A Wocket In My Pocket" or "Pocket Full Of Kisses"?

Robin H in VA
04-21-2008, 08:59 PM
We read Katie No Pocket last night for bedtime story. This was the first time that we had read it and ds loved it. He was sad for Katie in the beggining, but at the end, he was very excited about how she could carry all the other animals. Although, he couldn't figure out how she could carry a skunk around, :tongue: whew, how stinky!

I am thinking that we will row this one some time this year. :clap: