PDA

View Full Version : We did it-Our First Notebook!

MichelleL in Tn
07-13-2007, 06:22 PM
I am so happy to announce that we actually did manage to start notebooking this week. We are using the scrapbooking approach-similar to what we did with lapbooking. I decided to just use one notebook and we would combine both of the dc work throughout the week. (That is what we did with lapbooking.) So far I like it just as much as lapbooking. (Maybe in a few more months I will like it more than lapbooking.)

But I will have managed to capture all our FIAR studies in one book! :clap:

You can see it on my blog and also our fun with the Glorious Flight.
it is the -second slide show on our blog -under "What We Are Learning".

Blessings

Lori D
07-13-2007, 06:58 PM
Your notebook and your slideshow are beautiful!! Looks like a great week. :clap:

ami*
07-13-2007, 10:06 PM
Oh, Michelle! Very nice! :clap:

You know what I'm going to ask, don't you...:roflol:

Please send the pictures on over, if you'd like. ;) Ami

Lynna
07-13-2007, 10:14 PM
That is so wonderful! :clap: It looks like you guys had a great time!

Lynna

Wendy KY
07-14-2007, 01:42 AM
Michelle, what a great notebook!! I loved looking at the slideshows, too. :clap:

Becca P
07-14-2007, 09:09 AM
You're notebooking is great!!!! I enjoyed your blog.

Mary FL
07-14-2007, 11:14 AM
I looked at your blog last night and want to let you know how nice it is! It really gave me ideas for notebooking. Thanks!

MichelleL in Tn
07-14-2007, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the kind words...Everyone. I was really hesitant to change over to this format. (But I really think it is less stressful than lapbooking, (in some situations) b/c many times you are trying to fill in small spaces and end up doing more work than you want....

Our next row is Mirette and right now I am wondering if we will even fill 2 pages.... (We will see...) But no matter-I am just content to get something down for each book-even if it is only one page....I could have had one more page on this one....

Suz MamaFrog
07-16-2007, 12:03 AM
Awesome!

Blessings!
Suz

Kristina
07-16-2007, 01:10 AM
Great job! I hadn't planned to use Glorious Flight this week, but my son pulled it off the shelf tonight and both kids had lots of questions. So looks like it will be our book of the week. Did you arrange ahead of time for the kids to get an up close look at the air plane? My kids would love that!

We are in TN too. There is a small airport not far from here, but I don't know how active it is. Any tips would be great!

Warmly,
Kristina

MichelleL in Tn
07-16-2007, 05:18 PM
Great job! I hadn't planned to use Glorious Flight this week, but my son pulled it off the shelf tonight and both kids had lots of questions. So looks like it will be our book of the week. Did you arrange ahead of time for the kids to get an up close look at the air plane? My kids would love that!

We are in TN too. There is a small airport not far from here, but I don't know how active it is. Any tips would be great!

Warmly,
Kristina

Actually I have some friends that have been to this small airport before on a field trip. We just went Friday afternoon...We walked into the welcome center area and asked if we could go through the gate and look at the planes.
They guy said yes, the planes were unlocked and they are on display for people to see them, (But I did not pre-arrange with the airport to do this.)
Although if you can find a phone number for yours that may be best.
I was actually just planning to sit there for about 10 minutes to watch and see if any planes took off or landed and noticed the open gate...So we asked..

Jody in PA
07-16-2007, 11:17 PM
I really enjoyed looking at your slide show! Great job!

:clap:

Melissa
07-21-2007, 08:20 PM
I love your blog and added it to my blogroll. The notebook looks great. I don't know if I can get my rambunctious boy to do that much work. We'll see how it goes. I'm still weighing notebooking with lapbooking and finding it all a bit too big. I think we'll have to do something more simple. My ds is only 4 1/2 and prefers to be up and moving over table work.
Thanks so much for sharing. It helps to see what other folks are doing as I try to wrap my brain around all this.
Blessings,
Melissa