PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got Becky Jane's crockpot enchiladas recipe?

Tracy in PA
10-30-2007, 12:27 PM
I *think* it's Becky Jane's anyway. I can't find my copy, so if someone can post it or email me, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks....we love this yummy meal!

Laurie Dawn
11-02-2007, 04:19 PM
bumping because I want it as well.:D

DonnaMarie
11-02-2007, 06:28 PM
:unsure: I found this in my FIAR recipe folder

**Crock pot enchiladas**
1 lb. browned hamburger, chicken, or turkey
10 tortillas torn into 1 inch pieces
1-2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 can diced green chilies (4 oz)
Put all into crockpot, mix well and cook on low all day.

Maybe that's it?

Becky Jane
11-02-2007, 09:51 PM
I don't think I've ever made enchiladas in a crockpot. It was someone else's recipe. Sounds yummy though! :)

Tracy in PA
11-05-2007, 09:54 PM
[QUOTE=DonnaMarie]:unsure: I found this in my FIAR recipe folder

but I'm going to try it! I know mine used 12 corn tortillas and layered the ingredients and tortillas. I could have sworn it was from FIAR!

Well, at least I have one to try!

Thanks, DonnaMarie!:clap:

ETA: I FOUND IT

I looked at all my hard copies but forgot about my email recipe file. It was in the group that Rachel had emailed to everyone Jan 2006!

Here it is: :yum:

CROCKPOT ENCHILADAS
12 corn tortillas
1 to 1.5 lbs. ground beef, browned and drained
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can diced tomatoes with chilies (Rotel)
1 can Ranch style beans (aka Texas style beans)
2 cups shredded cheese
Mix all three cans (undrained) with the ground beef. Spread just a spoonful of the mixture on the bottom of the crock. Cover the bottom with four tortillas, 1/3 of the meat mixture, 1/3 of the cheese. Do two more layers of tortillas, meat mixture, and cheese. Cover and cook on low for three to four hours. Uncover and let sit for 10 minutes and serve. Can be garnished with sour cream, guacamole, and/or black olives.

Linda
11-05-2007, 10:16 PM
I've posted this one before, for Chicken Burrito's. This is a recipe I got from someone who lurks here on the boards. ;) How I wish she'd come out in the open. Anyway, she was a dear friend of mine back in OH and I've been told by fellow OH friends that she does lurk here. So, if you end up using this recipe sometime you'll have to thank her profusely enough that she comes out to say "you're welcome". ;) It is yummy, btw. :yum:

Chicken Burritos

4-6 chicken breasts, boneless
2 jars Chi Chi’s Salsa – medium spiciness, save some for reserve
Tortillas (burrito size)
8 oz Shredded cheese (mild cheddar, Mexican or whatever you like)
Refried beans – optional
Black olives – optional

Place chicken breasts and salsa in crockpot on medium, let simmer all day.
Lay tortilla flat, add beans, chicken, cheese, olives. Wrap up place in greased baking dish, just touching, not overlapping. Sprinkle cheese and salsa. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350*. Garnish with lettuce and sour cream.