PDA

View Full Version : I had the best bar cookie last night!

Mary FL
12-08-2007, 10:02 AM
Does anyone have the recipe from Pampered Chef?

You take sugar cookie dough (from a tube) and peppermint extract (1/2 tsp.) and 3 tbsps. flour. Then you bake the cookie. When it comes out, you put white chocolate chips on top for the "frosting." Then, sprinkle on crushed peppermint from candy canes.

Anyone try these? Have the actual recipe? No kiddin'--they are divine!:santagrin:

Amanda in RI
12-08-2007, 01:22 PM
I just did a recipe search on PC's website, but didn't come up with anything. Did you have this at a PC party? Maybe it's just a recipe that the consultant had--we sometimes will do that at shows.

Sounds awesome, though...I may have to try it!

Amanda

TrishaG
12-08-2007, 01:43 PM
Ok, let me see if I've got this right.

You're mixing the extract and flour with the prepared cookie dough. Then do you press it in a pan? And then put the chips & mints on top when it's all done?

Do I have that right - or at least close? That sounds :yum: !

CyndiinOKC
12-08-2007, 03:31 PM
What kind of cookie dough? Chocolate Chip? Sugar?

ETA:NM, I reread the OP.

TrishaG
12-08-2007, 03:49 PM
You know Mary, it's really not nice to leave us hanging like this. ;) :lol: Can you tell we're quite interested in figuring this recipe out as well??? :D :yum:

Mary FL
12-08-2007, 04:56 PM
You know Mary, it's really not nice to leave us hanging like this. ;) :lol: Can you tell we're quite interested in figuring this recipe out as well??? :D :yum:

:roflol:

It wasn't a PC party. I can get this recipe for you, girls. Don't you worry...I just have contact the person who brought these awesome cookies to the party. I know there are consultants here, so I wondered if anyone had it on hand.

Yes, it's plain sugar cookie dough, make it into a ball, add the extract and flour. Shape into a bar on the PC stone or cookie sheet. When it comes out of the oven, sprinkle the chips and they will melt, forming a frosting. Sprinkle the crushed peppermint candy on top.:santagrin:

Kristine In Indiana
12-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Oh, I bet they'd be good with chocolate chip cookie dough too, at least they sound like they would.
Kristine

Sharon C
12-09-2007, 05:55 AM
I can't wait to get this recipe!! Sounds yummy!

debbie in ak
12-09-2007, 10:09 AM
Sounds :yum: !

Laura
12-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Ooooo...I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This sounds super-duper yummy...and easy! :)

Mary FL
12-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Bar Cookie Update:

I have emailed the person who brought these to the party. Stay tuned, FIAR friends!

Mary

Mary FL
12-09-2007, 10:17 PM
Here it is!!!!!

Candy Cane Bars

1 pks (20 oz.) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
3 tbsps. flour

Topping:

1 pkg. (10 oz.) white chocolate chips
10-12 round peppermint candies or 1/4 cup crushed candy canes (I put them in a plastic ziploc bag and crush fine with a hammer)
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cookie dough, extract and flour. Spread dough evenly into a big cookie on a baking stone or cookie sheet with a roller (floured if necessary). Bake approx. 20 mins. until golden brown. As cookie bakes, chop mints and nuts. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle white chips over cookie crust. Wait 2 to 3 mins., spread into thin layer like icing. Sprinkle with mints all over. Run serrated bread knife or spatula under crust to loosen. Cool at least 10 mins. Cut with pizza cutter into squares. Enjoy!

She didn't use nuts and it was delicious.

Let me know what you think, gals!:yum:

debbie in ak
12-09-2007, 10:35 PM
I am wondering how it would be with regular chocolate chips instead of the white ones. I am not fond of the white chocolate chips.

Lisa in Ft. Worth, T
12-09-2007, 11:53 PM
:hop: Thank you, Mary! :hop:

This is going to be perfect for the scout's Christmas party this week. :yes:

Jen in SC
12-10-2007, 07:27 AM
:yum:

Tami in IA
12-10-2007, 08:29 AM
I found this recipe this morning before I checked the boards to see if someone else had posted the one that Mary was talking about.

Debbie, note they use chocolate chips in this one.:yum:

Trendy Peppermint Bars
1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/4 tsp peppermint extract
5 drops red food coloring
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup finely crushed peppermint candy canes
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup coarsely chopped peppermint candy canes

Dough is similar to sugar cookie with peppermint added. Topped with melted chocolate and crushed candy canes. Makes 2 dozen.

Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9" x 13" pan. Cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg, peppermint extract and food coloring. Add flour and salt till well blended. Stir in 2/3 cup finely crushed candy. Spread evenly into greased pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until firm.

After removing from oven, immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Cover with a cookie sheet for 1 minute or until melted. Spread chocolate evenly and sprinkle with 1/3 cup coarsely chopped candy. Cool completely before cutting. The treat may be baked in fancy cupcakes and decorated with quartered maraschino cherries or half a pecan.

Mary FL
12-10-2007, 08:54 AM
I am wondering how it would be with regular chocolate chips instead of the white ones. I am not fond of the white chocolate chips.

I don't see why not!:lol: Did you know white chocolate really isn't chocolate? I just found that out recently, but don't remember the source.

You know what, I originally thought the chips were frosting but couldn't put my finger on what flavor. It really tasted peppermint-y. I think regular chocolate chips would be a more intense flavor. You could try it and see.

Donna L
12-10-2007, 07:32 PM
You inspired me...

this morning I made up a batch of sugar cookie dough, adding in 2 tsp. peppermint with 1 tsp. vanilla. I rolled the dough into a long roll and chilled it for a little while. Then I sliced the roll into cookies and baked as normal. Removed from oven, topped with two white chocolate melts, spread it a little and sprinkled with crushed candy cane ( I used the blender). They are so nice looking and are really super simple to make!

Thanks heaps for sharing the idea!

Mary FL
12-10-2007, 08:19 PM
Donna, I'm glad you liked them! They would make great gifts in a tin or some sort of container.

Trudy
12-10-2007, 08:59 PM
These sound so good. I am going to have to try these tomorrow!

Donna H
12-10-2007, 09:11 PM
These sound so good...thanks for sharing. :yum:

Tammy Watson
12-10-2007, 09:24 PM
They sound so good. I think I will try them with dough made from scratch

Tammy

Donna L
12-10-2007, 11:01 PM
They sound so good. I think I will try them with dough made from scratch

Tammy

That's what I did Tami and they were great! :thumb: they don't have cookie dough over here in AU like we do back home ... so scratch it was. (rolling it into a log made them so esy to make though!)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2231/2102776094_2e75231a20.jpg

debbie in ak
12-10-2007, 11:06 PM
That's what I did Tami and they were great! :thumb: they don't have cookie dough over here in AU like we do back home ... so scratch it was. (rolling it into a log made them so esy to make though!)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2231/2102776094_2e75231a20.jpg

Donna, love the picture! They look :yum: !

Kristine In Indiana
12-11-2007, 07:41 AM
Donna, love the picture! They look :yum: !

Yep, I love the picture too, I think I'll be making these for a cookie exchange on Thursday!

Kristine

Sheena
12-11-2007, 11:54 AM
I've never heard of these! Plan to make them for Christmas:)

Kristine In Indiana
12-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Ok, I made up chocolate chip cookie dough batter minus the chocolate chips and then added peppermint extract and melted the vanilla chips on top with the peppermint candies & everyone loved them! Gee some of us sure do venture far from the original recipe! :roflol:

Kristine

debbie in ak
12-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Made them today with chocolate chips instead of white chocolate...they were:yum: :yum: !

Trudy
12-11-2007, 09:08 PM
I also made some today and they were :yum:

Mary FL
12-16-2007, 04:00 PM
Bump for Michele in NJ

MicheleNJ
12-16-2007, 05:30 PM
Thanks Mary! :kiss:

Janee' in Texas
12-20-2011, 05:41 PM
:roflol: I went looking from this recipe, thought it was last year, and it was 2007! :eek: Glad I found it, and thought I would bring it back. :yum:

Paige P
12-20-2011, 07:23 PM
:roflol: I went looking from this recipe, thought it was last year, and it was 2007! :eek: Glad I found it, and thought I would bring it back. :yum:

:lol: Janee, I saw it and could not believe that I'd missed such a GREAT thread all day today and suddenly BOOM, there were 4 pages :lol:

BTW, I've had this recipe, too. I might have even gotten it from here four years ago. I'd forgotten all about it, though. YUMMY!!!!! Something we might have to try later ...... :)

Lis in MA
12-20-2011, 11:06 PM
;) I wasn't looking at the date when I started reading this thread and was trying to figure out why Donna wasn't stateside right now.... :lol:

So, anyway, thanks for resurrecting the thread, because I think we might make some of these! :) :kiss:

LisainUtah
12-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Just made several batches of these this morning! :clap::yum:

stacy z
12-23-2011, 05:35 PM
:lol: Janee, I saw it and could not believe that I'd missed such a GREAT thread all day today and suddenly BOOM, there were 4 pages :lol:

:lol: i thought the same thing! and btw, i made these in 2007 and they were outstanding! thanks for reminding me about them!