PDA

View Full Version : Wanna Share Your Crock Pot recipes

Sasha
12-25-2007, 07:23 PM
We got a crock pot for Christmas and I know I've heard there are entire cook books on crock pot cooking, but do any of you have great recipes you'd like to share, I'm so excited to use it.

Paige P
12-26-2007, 12:49 PM
I like to cook in the crockpot and have some "special" crockpot recipes, BUT you can cook almost anything in it. If you want BBQ chicken, just throw it in the crockpot, pour on BBQ sauce, and cook for 4 hours on high. Take any of your favorite "oven" recipes and adapt..... I like to make a roast in the crockpot -- put the roast on the bottom, salt and pepper it, if you want (sometimes I do, sometimes I don't) you can put an envelope of Lipton Onion Soup Mix on top of the roast, as well (if so, don't salt the meat!), pour 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup over it, and start cooking. After a few hours, put onions, carrots, and potatoes on top, and cook some more. I think total cook time is about 10 hours on low.

Here are some of my favorite "specific" Crockpot Recipes:

CROCKPOT CHICKEN STROGNOFF
Dice 4 chicken breasts
Mix with 1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 Tbsp. butter
1 package DRY Italian Seasonings Dressing Mix
Cook on low for 5 hours/3 hours on high or about 30 minutes on the stovetop
Add 1 8 oz. package cream cheese for the last 30 minutes (you can use a smaller amount -- I often use about 3/4 of a container of Whipped Cream Cheese)
Serve over egg noodles (or any other kind)

CROCK POT BARBEQUE
3 large onions chopped fine – put ½ in the bottom of the crock pot, add beef or pork and remaining onions

5 lbs lean beef or pork cut into pieces

Add:
6 whole cloves
1 Tbsp vinegar
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1 cup water (may be less if using pork because it’s juicier)
Salt and pepper

Cook on low for 12 hours. Drain juice from meat and mash or break meat apart.

Mix together 3 Tbsp brown sugar and 1 regular sized bottle of BBQ sauce and add to meat mixture.

Cook for 3 more hours.

Serve in sandwiches or plain.

HONEY MUSTARD MEATBALLS
6 lbs frozen Armour brand already-cooked meatballs
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped (optional)
1 small bottle Kraft Honey Mustard BBQ sauce
1 cup brown sugar

On medium heat, melt margarine in a big saucepan and sauté onion and pepper. Add brown sugar and stir until melted. Add meatballs and BBQ sauce and stir until meatballs are coated. After meatballs are thawed over medium-low heat, simmer over very low heat for 30-45 minutes OR after meatballs are coated, put them in the crockpot and cook on high about 3 hours.

Recipe can be cut in half or thirds, depending on the number of meatballs needed.

Alana
12-26-2007, 12:55 PM
I mostly use mine for beans and rice. I would love more Crockpot recipes.

Trudy
12-26-2007, 01:31 PM
I mostly use mine for beans and rice. I would love more Crockpot recipes.
How do you cook rice in your crock pot?

Alana
12-26-2007, 01:58 PM
Um, sorry Trudy, I only cook beans in the crockpot. I cook rice in the rice cooker. Sorry:eyes:

Trudy
12-26-2007, 02:10 PM
That's okay. I thought I was missing out on a great hint! :lol:

Janee' in Texas
12-26-2007, 03:15 PM
:hi:
White chicken enchiladas
5-6 Large boneless, skinless chicken
1 - 26 oz. can cream of chicken
1 - 16 oz. sour cream
8 oz. green chiles
about 10 tortillas (soft taco size)
3 c. shredded Colby and Monterey Jack cheese
black olives
seasoning (I used a little garlic powder and Creole)

Boil chicken, then cut into bite size pieces. (I boil bags of leg quarters and debone and use in place of chicken breast for all my recipes) Mix chicken, cream of
chicken soup, sour cream, and seasonings until well blended. Spray
slow cooker with non-stick spray. Tear tortillas into pieces and layer
in bottom of slow cooker. Spread a layer of chicken mixture, then
cheese. Repeat with tortillas, chicken mixture, and cheese; ending
with cheese on top. ( I don't add the last layer of cheese until the
last 30 minutes). Cook on low for 3-4 hours. At about 3 1/2 hours, I
added the last layer of cheese and topped with sliced black olives.
Enjoy!!!!

Chicken stew
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken
3 medium onions, peeled, quartered
2 large carrots, peeled, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
2 potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 cans (14 ounces each) chicken broth
1 teaspoon celery seed
1 teaspoon dry thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
8 ounces mushrooms, cleaned, halved
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup frozen peas
In a 5-to-6-quart slow cooker, combine the chicken, onions, carrots, potatoes and broth. Stir in the celery seeds, thyme, pepper, mushrooms and corn.
Cover and cook on low until the chicken is done and the vegetables are tender, about 7 to 9 hours, or on high for 4 to 6 hours. Stir in the peas and cook until they're done, about 15 to 30 minutes.

Meatloaf
1 pound lean ground beef
1/4 pound pork sausage
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped sweet peppers
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon ground sage
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon paprika
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk.
Combine all ingredients and shape into a loaf. Place loaf on trivet in bottom of slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW about 4 hours or until done.

Chicken and stuffing
2-1/2 to 3 lbs boneless chicken breasts
1 box of bread dressing (stuffing mix)
1 can of chicken broth
1 can of cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup evaporated milk
Place all ingredients in your slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours.
Saturday chicken
6 to 8 chicken pieces (I use leg quarters allready boiled and meat removed for boneless chicken)
1 cup evaporated milk
1 can cream of mushroom soup
salt and pepper to taste
Place chicken in your slow cooker. Mix together evaporated milk with soup. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.

Chocolate cherry dessert
1 can (21 oz.) cherry pie filling
1 pkg of chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup butter melted
Place pie filling in slow cooker. Combine dry cake mix and butter. Sprinkle over filling. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
Beef n taters
3 - 4 potatoes, sliced thin
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (10-1/2 oz) can spaghetti sauce
Put potatoes in the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.

South of the border chicken
4 boneless chicken breast halves
1 can broccoli cheese soup
1/3 cup evaporated milk
4 cups hot cooked rice
salsa
sour cream
1 small avocado, sliced (optional)

Place chicken in bottom of crock-pot cover with soup and milk. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours. Serve with rice. Top with salsa, sour cream and avocado.

Chicken Casserole Recipe
1 pkg. scalloped potatoes
1 c. water
1/2 t. garlic powder
1 pkg. frozen vegetables
1 pkg. stir fry vegetables
1 lb. chicken breasts
1 t. Paprika
Put potatoes in crock pot. Mix soup, water,
potatoes sauce, and garlic powder. Layer
vegetables, stir fry vegetables, chicken,
and soup. Keep layering till its all gone.
Cook: Low 5 hours

Tamale Casserole Recipe
1 onion (diced)
1 jar salsa
2 cans chili with beans
1 can black olives
10 beef tamales (no wrapping)
Cheddar cheese
Sour Cream
Put everything in crock pot.
Cook: Low 7 hours.
Top with cheddar cheese and sour cream

Wild game recipe
Venison, Rabbit, Squirrel, or Duck
3 to 4 lbs meat
½ t. oregano
1 onion (chopped)
3 T. catsup
1 large pepper (cut up)
2 pieces of celery (sliced)
1 t. cayenne pepper
2 t. garlic powder
1 c. tomato sauce
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 t. salt
½ t. pepper
Fry meat in pan till brown.
Cook 8 to 10 hours

Sunday special
1 1/2 lb stew beef - cut into small pieces
1 medium onion - diced
4 large carrots - chopped
4 large potatoes - sliced
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 (12 oz) can V-8 juice

Place the stew beef in the bottom of your slow cooker. Layer the onions, carrots and potatoes on top of the beef. Sprinkle with the lemon pepper, salt, sugar and cornstarch. Pour V-8 juice over everything. Cover and cook on the low setting for 8 - 10 hours or on the high setting for 6 hours.

Hot fudge sundae cake
1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts (either pecans or walnuts, I like pecans best)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup baking cocoa
1 1/2 cups hot water

1. Spray inside of 2- to 3 1/2-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Mix flour, granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, the baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Stir in milk, oil and vanilla until smooth. Stir in nuts. Spread batter evenly in slow cooker.

2. Mix brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa in small bowl. Stir in hot water until smooth. Pour evenly over batter in slow cooker.

3. Cover and cook on high heat setting 2 hours to 2 hours 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

4. Turn off slow cooker. Let cake stand uncovered 30 to 40 minutes to cool slightly before serving. Spoon warm cake into dessert dishes. Spoon sauce over top. Serve with Bluebell vanilla icecream- so YUMMY!!!

Cheesy tortellini
1/2 pound ground beef
1/2 pound Italian sausage
1 container marinara sauce (15 ounces)
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 can diced tomatoes with Italian Seasoning -- undrained
1 package refrigerated cheese tortellini (9 ounces)
1 cup shredded mozzarella or pizza style cheese

Break beef and sausage into large pieces in 10-inch skillet. Cook over medium heat about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until brown.

Spray inside of 4- to 5- quart slow-cooker with cooking spray. Mix beef mixture, marinara sauce, mushrooms and tomatoes in slow-cooker.

Cover and cook on low 7 to 8 hours. Stir in tortellini; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook on low heat about 15 minutes longer our until tortellini is tender.

Lasagna
1 lb ground beef or turkey
1 med. onion, chopped
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (approx. 26 oz)
12 oz container cottage cheese
1/2 grated parmesan cheese
12 oz lasagna noodles (no need to cook!)
12 oz shredded mozzarella cheese (reserve 1/2 cup)
Spray with no stick spray first
Layer like you would your lasagna .Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for approximately 3 hours.

Crockpot chocolate surprise
1 1/2 cups water
1 package brownie Mix
1 large package chocolate pudding mix
1/2 cup chocolate chips (or try peanut butter chips for a different taste)
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup vegetable oil

Place all ingredients in the order listed in your slow cooker and mix well. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours. Done when sides pull away from walls.

Amish dinner
2 cups hamburger (uncooked)
2 cups sliced raw potatoes
2 cups chopped celery
1/2 cup diced onions
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup diced green pepper
2 cups canned tomatoes

Put all ingredients in slow-cooker in order listed. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.

Sweet and sour chicken
4 medium skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 lb total)
Salt
Pepper
1 Tbsp. cooking oil
1 8-oz can pineapple chunks (juice pack)
1/2 cup jellied cranberry sauce
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 Tbsp. rice vinegar or cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
2 Tbsp. dry sherry
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1 medium green sweet pepper, cut into bite-size strips
Hot cooked rice
Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker. Mix remaining ingredients except sweet peppers. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook for 6 to 8 hours on low. Half an hour before serving add sweet peppers. Serve over cooked rice.

Venus de milo soup
place about 1 lb of meat- I use chicken, link sausage, breakfast sausage, haburger meat, steak in small pieces- whatever I have on hand. Add a can (28oz) of crush tomatoes, a 15oz can tomato sauce, 5c water, and a can or bag of mixed vegetables. Cook all day on low, then add rice about a cup 30 minutes before it is time to eat. Serve this with some yummy homemade bread from the bread machine!

Sausage stew
1lb sausage with 1c chopped onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 cans kidney beans _or dried and add extra water- 2qts, water with 4-6 chicken bouillon cubes- cook all day- add rice when you get home- let cook 30 minutes.

Salsa soup
Take a 26oz jar of born and blackbean salsa. Add in 3 chicken or beef bouillon cubes- and 6c water, You can add chicken, hamburger, sausage or leave the meat out if you wish. Add 1c rice during last hour of cooking.

Chicken and pasta
Put bonelesss chicken- enough for your family, onion, spices- again I always use creole- 1 15oz tomato sauce, 1 large can diced tomatoes. Let book on low all day- cut up chicken. Serve over egg noodles with salad.

Crockpot beef
My husbands favorite- I use tenderized venison stk.
Add 1lb or more stew meat with 1 can crm mushroom soup, and onion soup mix. Let cook all day- serve over rice with mixed veggies.

Chicken
Put a whole frozen chicken in the crockpot with potatoes, celery, carrots, and rice. Add 3c water and 2 chicken bouillon cubes. Cook on low for 6 hours.

Roast beef sandwiches
1 frozen roast
1/2 large jar salsa
Pour salsa over roast cook on low all day. Shred roast and put back in the sauce serve on hamburger or sub buns with onion, pickles, etc...

Taco soup
1lb grnd beef, onion, 28oz whole tomatoes with juice, beans ( dried use more water) can is fine too- pintos, kidneys, blackbeans- use what you have- Can corn with juice, 8oz tomatoe sauce, 1 pkg taco seasoning, 2c water, - cook on low all day. Serve with chips, and cheese

Minestrone
3 1/2 c beef broth- water with bouillion- 28oz crush tomatoes- 2 med. carrots sliced, 1/2c onion, 1/2c celery, 2 med. potatoes thinly sliced, garlic, can kidney or pinto beans, Spaghetti broken into 2 in. pieces- 2tbsp parsley, 2-3 tsp basil, 2 tsp dries oregano- mix and cook on low all day.

Round Steak casserole
2lbs stk., salt and pepper, i sliced onion, 3-4 quarterd potatoes, 1 can green beans, 1 can tomato soup, 1 can tomatoes- mix cook on low all day.

Stroganoff
Rnd stk cut up, spices, crm mushroom soup, 1/2 water, onion soup mix, mushrooms, cook on low all day. Add sour cream last 30 minutes, serve over egg noodles with salad.

layered dish
6 med. pot. thinly sliced
1 med. onion slices
corn
peas
1/4 c. water
Grnd beef
Cream mush soup
layer 1/2 each till done- cook all day on low

Shell casserole
1lb grnd beef
1 sm. onion
seasoning
1tsp. worchestire sauce
1/4c flour
1 1/4 c hot water
2tsp. beef bouillion
6oz shell pasta
mushrooms
1c sour cream
Add everything but sourcream and pasta. Add cooked pasta and sour cream during last 15 minutes.

BBQ Beef sandwiches
Add some stew meat- or stk cut up into cubes- pur bbq sause to cover- cook all dy- shred and serve on hamburger buns with onions, pickles, etc...

Tostados
add chicken or ground beef and 2 cans refried beans - or use homemade refried beans- add taco seasoning 8 oz tomato sauce, 1/2 water. Cook on lw all day, put on tostado shells. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, shred cheese, olives, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, etc..
Don't forget chili and beans too.

Christie
12-26-2007, 03:22 PM
I got a crockpot too and will be printing these yummy recipes!

Trudy
12-26-2007, 04:02 PM
Wow, you've gotten ALOT of recipes. Here's one of my favorites:

Scalloped Potatoes

2 cups water
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 cups milk
5 medium potatoes, thinly sliced

Combine water and cream of tartar in large bowl, stir. Add potatoes, stir well. This will help keep potatoes from darkening. Stir flour, salt and pepper together in saucepan. Whisk in milk gradually until no lumps remain. Heat and stir until boiling and thickened. Stir in cheese to melt. Pour over potatoes. Cover. Cook on low 6 to 8 years.

Sasha
12-26-2007, 08:12 PM
Wow! Thanks everyone for the great recipes, I'm so clueless on coming up with different things to make, this is great!

Diane E.
12-27-2007, 09:32 AM
I consider my crockpot on of my greatest allies when it comes to dinner!!! Love mine! It's just so easy. Those of you who got them for Christmas will love them. And the recipes on here are great ...thanks!!!

Marcia
12-28-2007, 06:26 PM
:clap: These are great. I got a crockpot too. Can't wait to try some new recipes. :)

NurseNicole
12-30-2007, 05:39 PM
There are a TON <A Href="http://www.fiarhq.com/~gbprnhrz/forum/showthread.php?t=12440&highlight=crockpot+recipes">Here</A Href>

Edwena
05-15-2008, 11:01 AM
Ladies,
Do any of you have any yummy crockpot recipes? I have three main ones. I used the crockpot yesterday and today. I love it because my cooking is done early and not when I'm so tired later in the day. I then have the energy to clean up. So please shower me with some good crockpot recipes.

Krista Joy
05-15-2008, 11:46 AM
I use mine a lot in the hot season here! I don't have the recipes back here now and I'm headed out the door, but I can come back and post them later if there are some you want.
I use the crockpot for:
Tamale Pie
Lasagna
French Dip Sandwiches
Chicken with potatoes and carrots
Taco Soup
Tapioca pudding
Hot Fudge pudding cake
Roast Beef
Chili
And more I'll have to think of later...my baby just woke up. Off to the pool! :hi:

Kendra AU
05-15-2008, 08:11 PM
Two of our quickest Crockpot meals would be

Salsa Chicken

1 family package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 jar of favorite salsa

Spray the crock with no-stick spray. Dump in chicken, pour salsa on top. Put the lid on and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours if the chicken was thawed. If the chicken was frozen cook on HIGH for 5-6 hours. It's that simple. We shred it u when it's done and put it on tortillas with other fun toppings. (Lettuce, cheese, chopped tomatoes, avocado, etc.)

BBQ Chicken

1 family package of chicken, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 bottle of favorite bbq sauce

Spray the crock with no-stick spray. dump in the chicken, pour the bbq sauce on top. Put the lid on and cook on low for 5-6 hours if the chicken was thawed. Cook on high for 5-6 hours if the chicken was frozen. We shred it and put on whole wheat bread rolls to eat as a bbq sandwich. Always a hit.

Another favorite is: Cider Pork Roast (http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Cider-Pork-Roast). This one is ALWAYS sooooo yummy. Very moist, and the left overs are great for sandwiches or just picking at.

When we have family gatherings I often make up a large pot of spaghetti sauce and then put the sauce and (if having) meatballs in the crockpot and leave it on low. That's one less thing to worry about when fixing food for 11 or more people..

We make stews in them too..Beef Stew (http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Slow-Cooker-Beef-Stew) all though you can easily use any recipe you all ready to and just toss it in the crockpot to cook it.

Kendra

Janee' in Texas
05-15-2008, 08:57 PM
White chicken enchiladas
5-6 Large boneless, skinless chicken
1 - 26 oz. can cream of chicken
1 - 16 oz. sour cream
8 oz. green chiles
about 10 tortillas (soft taco size)
3 c. shredded Colby and Monterey Jack cheese
black olives
seasoning (I used a little garlic powder and Creole)

Boil chicken, then cut into bite size pieces. (I boil bags of leg quarters and debone and use in place of chicken breast for all my recipes) Mix chicken, cream of
chicken soup, sour cream, and seasonings until well blended. Spray
slow cooker with non-stick spray. Tear tortillas into pieces and layer
in bottom of slow cooker. Spread a layer of chicken mixture, then
cheese. Repeat with tortillas, chicken mixture, and cheese; ending
with cheese on top. ( I don't add the last layer of cheese until the
last 30 minutes). Cook on low for 3-4 hours. At about 3 1/2 hours, I
added the last layer of cheese and topped with sliced black olives.
Enjoy!!!!

Chicken stew
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken
3 medium onions, peeled, quartered
2 large carrots, peeled, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
2 potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 cans (14 ounces each) chicken broth
1 teaspoon celery seed
1 teaspoon dry thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
8 ounces mushrooms, cleaned, halved
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup frozen peas
In a 5-to-6-quart slow cooker, combine the chicken, onions, carrots, potatoes and broth. Stir in the celery seeds, thyme, pepper, mushrooms and corn.
Cover and cook on low until the chicken is done and the vegetables are tender, about 7 to 9 hours, or on high for 4 to 6 hours. Stir in the peas and cook until they're done, about 15 to 30 minutes.

Meatloaf
1 pound lean ground beef
1/4 pound pork sausage
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped sweet peppers
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon ground sage
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon paprika
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk.
Combine all ingredients and shape into a loaf. Place loaf on trivet in bottom of slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW about 4 hours or until done.

Chicken and stuffing
2-1/2 to 3 lbs boneless chicken breasts
1 box of bread dressing (stuffing mix)
1 can of chicken broth
1 can of cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup evaporated milk
Place all ingredients in your slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours.
Saturday chicken
6 to 8 chicken pieces (I use leg quarters allready boiled and meat removed for boneless chicken)
1 cup evaporated milk
salt and pepper to taste
Place chicken in your slow cooker. Mix together evaporated milk with soup. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.

Chocolate cherry dessert
1 can (21 oz.) cherry pie filling
1 pkg of chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup butter melted
Place pie filling in slow cooker. Combine dry cake mix and butter. Sprinkle over filling. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
Beef n taters
3 - 4 potatoes, sliced thin
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (10-1/2 oz) can spaghetti sauce
Put potatoes in the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.

South of the border chicken
4 boneless chicken breast halves
1 can broccoli cheese soup
1/3 cup evaporated milk
4 cups hot cooked rice
salsa
sour cream
1 small avocado, sliced (optional)

Place chicken in bottom of crock-pot cover with soup and milk. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours. Serve with rice. Top with salsa, sour cream and avocado.

Chicken Casserole Recipe
1 pkg. scalloped potatoes
1 c. water
1/2 t. garlic powder
1 pkg. frozen vegetables
1 pkg. stir fry vegetables
1 lb. chicken breasts
1 t. Paprika
Put potatoes in crock pot. Mix soup, water,
potatoes sauce, and garlic powder. Layer
vegetables, stir fry vegetables, chicken,
and soup. Keep layering till its all gone.
Cook: Low 5 hours

Tamale Casserole Recipe
1 onion (diced)
1 jar salsa
2 cans chili with beans
1 can black olives
10 beef tamales (no wrapping)
Cheddar cheese
Sour Cream
Cook: Low 7 hours.
Top with cheddar cheese and sour cream

Wild game recipe
Venison, Rabbit, Squirrel, or Duck
3 to 4 lbs meat
½ t. oregano
1 onion (chopped)
3 T. catsup
1 large pepper (cut up)
2 pieces of celery (sliced)
1 t. cayenne pepper
2 t. garlic powder
1 c. tomato sauce
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 t. salt
½ t. pepper
Fry meat in pan till brown.
Cook 8 to 10 hours

Sunday special
1 1/2 lb stew beef - cut into small pieces
1 medium onion - diced
4 large carrots - chopped
4 large potatoes - sliced
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 (12 oz) can V-8 juice

Place the stew beef in the bottom of your slow cooker. Layer the onions, carrots and potatoes on top of the beef. Sprinkle with the lemon pepper, salt, sugar and cornstarch. Pour V-8 juice over everything. Cover and cook on the low setting for 8 - 10 hours or on the high setting for 6 hours.

Hot fudge sundae cake
1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts (either pecans or walnuts, I like pecans best)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup baking cocoa
1 1/2 cups hot water

1. Spray inside of 2- to 3 1/2-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Mix flour, granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, the baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Stir in milk, oil and vanilla until smooth. Stir in nuts. Spread batter evenly in slow cooker.

2. Mix brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa in small bowl. Stir in hot water until smooth. Pour evenly over batter in slow cooker.

3. Cover and cook on high heat setting 2 hours to 2 hours 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

4. Turn off slow cooker. Let cake stand uncovered 30 to 40 minutes to cool slightly before serving. Spoon warm cake into dessert dishes. Spoon sauce over top. Serve with Bluebell vanilla icecream- so YUMMY!!!

Cheesy tortellini
1/2 pound ground beef
1/2 pound Italian sausage
1 container marinara sauce (15 ounces)
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 can diced tomatoes with Italian Seasoning -- undrained
1 package refrigerated cheese tortellini (9 ounces)
1 cup shredded mozzarella or pizza style cheese

Break beef and sausage into large pieces in 10-inch skillet. Cook over medium heat about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until brown.

Spray inside of 4- to 5- quart slow-cooker with cooking spray. Mix beef mixture, marinara sauce, mushrooms and tomatoes in slow-cooker.

Cover and cook on low 7 to 8 hours. Stir in tortellini; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook on low heat about 15 minutes longer our until tortellini is tender.

Lasagna
1 lb ground beef or turkey
1 med. onion, chopped
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (approx. 26 oz)
12 oz container cottage cheese
1/2 grated parmesan cheese
12 oz lasagna noodles (no need to cook!)
12 oz shredded mozzarella cheese (reserve 1/2 cup)
Spray with no stick spray first
Layer like you would your lasagna .Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for approximately 3 hours.

Crockpot chocolate surprise
1 1/2 cups water
1 package brownie Mix
1 large package chocolate pudding mix
1/2 cup chocolate chips (or try peanut butter chips for a different taste)
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup vegetable oil

Place all ingredients in the order listed in your slow cooker and mix well. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours. Done when sides pull away from walls.

Amish dinner
2 cups hamburger (uncooked)
2 cups sliced raw potatoes
2 cups chopped celery
1/2 cup diced onions
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup diced green pepper
2 cups canned tomatoes

Put all ingredients in slow-cooker in order listed. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.

Sweet and sour chicken
4 medium skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 lb total)
Salt
Pepper
1 Tbsp. cooking oil
1 8-oz can pineapple chunks (juice pack)
1/2 cup jellied cranberry sauce
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 Tbsp. rice vinegar or cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
2 Tbsp. dry sherry
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1 medium green sweet pepper, cut into bite-size strips
Hot cooked rice
Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker. Mix remaining ingredients except sweet peppers. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook for 6 to 8 hours on low. Half an hour before serving add sweet peppers. Serve over cooked rice.

Venus de milo soup
place about 1 lb of meat- I use chicken, link sausage, breakfast sausage, haburger meat, steak in small pieces- whatever I have on hand. Add a can (28oz) of crush tomatoes, a 15oz can tomato sauce, 5c water, and a can or bag of mixed vegetables. Cook all day on low, then add rice about a cup 30 minutes before it is time to eat. Serve this with some yummy homemade bread from the bread machine!

Sausage stew
1lb sausage with 1c chopped onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 cans kidney beans _or dried and add extra water- 2qts, water with 4-6 chicken bouillon cubes- cook all day- add rice when you get home- let cook 30 minutes.

Salsa soup
Take a 26oz jar of born and blackbean salsa. Add in 3 chicken or beef bouillon cubes- and 6c water, You can add chicken, hamburger, sausage or leave the meat out if you wish. Add 1c rice during last hour of cooking.

Chicken and pasta
Put bonelesss chicken- enough for your family, onion, spices- again I always use creole- 1 15oz tomato sauce, 1 large can diced tomatoes. Let book on low all day- cut up chicken. Serve over egg noodles with salad.

Crockpot beef
My husbands favorite- I use tenderized venison stk.
Add 1lb or more stew meat with 1 can crm mushroom soup, and onion soup mix. Let cook all day- serve over rice with mixed veggies.

Chicken
Put a whole frozen chicken in the crockpot with potatoes, celery, carrots, and rice. Add 3c water and 2 chicken bouillon cubes. Cook on low for 6 hours.

Roast beef sandwiches
1 frozen roast
1/2 large jar salsa
Pour salsa over roast cook on low all day. Shred roast and put back in the sauce serve on hamburger or sub buns with onion, pickles, etc...

Taco soup
1lb grnd beef, onion, 28oz whole tomatoes with juice, beans ( dried use more water) can is fine too- pintos, kidneys, blackbeans- use what you have- Can corn with juice, 8oz tomatoe sauce, 1 pkg taco seasoning, 2c water, - cook on low all day. Serve with chips, and cheese

Minestrone
3 1/2 c beef broth- water with bouillion- 28oz crush tomatoes- 2 med. carrots sliced, 1/2c onion, 1/2c celery, 2 med. potatoes thinly sliced, garlic, can kidney or pinto beans, Spaghetti broken into 2 in. pieces- 2tbsp parsley, 2-3 tsp basil, 2 tsp dries oregano- mix and cook on low all day.

Round Steak casserole
2lbs stk., salt and pepper, i sliced onion, 3-4 quarterd potatoes, 1 can green beans, 1 can tomato soup, 1 can tomatoes- mix cook on low all day.

Stroganoff
Rnd stk cut up, spices, crm mushroom soup, 1/2 water, onion soup mix, mushrooms, cook on low all day. Add sour cream last 30 minutes, serve over egg noodles with salad.

layered dish
6 med. pot. thinly sliced
1 med. onion slices
corn
peas
1/4 c. water
Grnd beef
Cream mush soup
layer 1/2 each till done- cook all day on low

Shell casserole
1lb grnd beef
1 sm. onion
seasoning
1tsp. worchestire sauce
1/4c flour
1 1/4 c hot water
2tsp. beef bouillion
6oz shell pasta
mushrooms
1c sour cream
Add everything but sourcream and pasta. Add cooked pasta and sour cream during last 15 minutes.

BBQ Beef sandwiches
Add some stew meat- or stk cut up into cubes- pur bbq sause to cover- cook all dy- shred and serve on hamburger buns with onions, pickles, etc...

Tostados
add chicken or ground beef and 2 cans refried beans - or use homemade refried beans- add taco seasoning 8 oz tomato sauce, 1/2 water. Cook on lw all day, put on tostado shells. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, shred cheese, olives, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, etc..
Don't forget chili and beans too.

Scalloped Potatoes

2 cups water
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 cups milk
5 medium potatoes, thinly sliced

Combine water and cream of tartar in large bowl, stir. Add potatoes, stir well. This will help keep potatoes from darkening. Stir flour, salt and pepper together in saucepan. Whisk in milk gradually until no lumps remain. Heat and stir until boiling and thickened. Stir in cheese to melt. Pour over potatoes. Cover. Cook on low 6 to 8 years

Edwena
05-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Krista Joy, I'm interested in whatever you have. Thanks so much Janee and Kendra. I'm very excited. I've used the crockpot 2 days in a row and tomorrow is going to be day 3.

I'm excited to use it for Sundays too. Our church doesn't let out until 12:30 and then dh has to work on a few things, so we don't get home sometimes until 1:30 and we're starved. Keep 'em coming, ladies.

Paige P
05-16-2008, 07:52 AM
Here are a couple:

CROCKPOT CHICKEN STROGNOFF -- a family favorite :yum:
Dice 4 chicken breasts
Sprinkle chicken with 1 package DRY Italian Seasonings Dressing Mix
2 Tbsp. butter

Add 1 8 oz. package cream cheese for the last 30 minutes (you can use a smaller amount or you can use the whipped cream cheese)

HONEY MUSTARD MEATBALLS
6 lbs frozen Armour brand already-cooked meatballs (or you can make your own and cook them in the oven first or cook MUCH longer in the crockpot)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped (optional)
1 small bottle Kraft Honey Mustard BBQ sauce (I've had a hard time finding this recently, so I've used the Honey BBQ sauce and have added mustard)
1 cup brown sugar

On medium heat, melt margarine in a big saucepan and sauté onion and pepper. Add brown sugar and stir until melted. Add meatballs and BBQ sauce and stir until meatballs are coated. After meatballs are thawed over medium-low heat, simmer over very low heat for 30-45 minutes OR after meatballs are coated, put them in the crockpot and cook on high about 3 hours.

Recipe can be cut in half or thirds, depending on the number of meatballs needed.

I also use it for easy things -- roast (I think you already do that), chicken or pork chops and just put BBQ sauce on it, spaghetti sauce, I have a good recipe for a Mediterrean chicken that I'll see if I can find. Anything you can cook in the oven, you can cook in the crockpot, just for longer ;)

Paige P
05-16-2008, 11:06 AM
As promised, I'm back with a couple of more chicken recipes:

Mediterrean Chicken

1 1/2 lbs chicken
can diced tomatoes
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. minced garlic or 2 cloves
3 Tbsp. vinegar
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
14 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes

Cook in crockpot on low for 8-9 hours or on high about 4 hours.

*This is somewhat runny/juicy when all done. You might could add some cornstarch to thicken it when it's all done (I've never done that, though). I typically serve it with penne pasta.

Chicken:
4 chicken breasts
chopped onion
2 cloves garlic -- chopped/minced
1/2-3/4 cup of chicken bullion
can cream of mushroom soup
mushrooms (portabello?)

Cook on high 3-4 hours.

Tami in FL
05-16-2008, 11:14 AM
I also love to use my crock-pot especially in the summer. I am looking forward to trying some of these recipes. Ymmmm.

Robin in Colorado
05-16-2008, 11:53 AM
Edwena,

I use mine 4x per week. I have typed some of them into the computer and made a crockpot cook book that I sell as a school fundraiser. I will try to remember to post a couple of recipes here for you.

I find GREAT crockpot recipes in Taste of Home and Simple & Delicious, both magazines from Reiman Publications.

Paige P
05-16-2008, 12:31 PM
While looking through some recipes, I just found another family favorite:

TURKEY BREAST WITH CRANBERRY ONION GRAVY

1 4 lb. fresh or frozen turkey breast, thawed
1 15 oz. can jellied cranberry sauce
1 1 oz. package dry onion soup mix
1 Tbsp. mustard
1/2 tsp. salt (I don't normally add this b/c the soup mix is so salty)
1/4 cup water
3 Tbsp cornstarch

1. Remove and discard skin from turkey breast. Place breast in 3 1/2 or 4 qt. crock pot.

2. In small bowl, combine cranberry sauce, soup mix, mustard and salt; blend well. Pour over turkey. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of the turkey breast reaches 165 to 175 degrees.

3. Remove turkey from crock pot; cover to keep warm. Place a fine strainer over medium saucepan. Carefully pour liquid from the crockpot through the strainer into the saucepan.

4. In small bowl, combine water and cornstarch; blend until smooth. Add to strained liquid in saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute.

5. To serve, slice turkey, and arrange on a serving platter. Spoon about 1/2 cup gravy over the turkey. Serve remaining with turkey. I usually serve mashed potatoes with this.

Julie in AZ
05-18-2008, 06:17 PM
Thanks ladies. I'm determined to use my crockpot this summer....as soon as I buy a crockpot that is....:lol:

Robin in Colorado
05-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Okay, ladies, here are some from our cookbook (yes, there is a sports theme going on):

Crock Chicken Marbella 6 servings
Serve over rice

½ C balsamic vinaigrette* ¼ C green olives
2 cloves garlic 1 t dried oregano
½ C pitted prunes ¼ C brown sugar
¼ C white wine or white grape juice 3 bay leaves
2 lb chicken tenders

Place vinaigrette, olives, garlic, oregano, prunes and brown sugar, wine or juice in the blender; pulse until smooth.

Place chicken in crock pot, top with bay leaves, and pour sauce over the top. Cover and cook on low all day.

*Ken’s Balsamic & Basil is the best for this recipe.

This recipe sounds like it is, um, not good, but is one of our FAVORITES.

Different Drummer Sticks 6 servings
Serve over rice

3 lbs chicken drumsticks 8 oz tomato sauce
½ C soy sauce ¼ C brown sugar
1 t minced garlic 3 T cornstarch
¼ C cold water

Place drumsticks in crock pot. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or more.

Just before serving, separate chicken and cooking liquids; keep chicken warm and reserve cooking liquids. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth, stir in cooking liquids. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for two minutes or until thickened. Serve the sauce over rice.

Fast Break Taco Meat Loaf 8 servings

2 C crushed tortilla chips 1 C (4 oz) shredded cheddar
1 C salsa ½ C egg substitute or 2 eggs
¼ C sliced ripe olives 1 envelope taco seasoning
2 lbs lean ground beef ½ C ketchup
¼ C brown sugar 2 T hot sauce

In a large bowl, combine chips, cheddar, salsa, egg, olives and taco seasoning. Add beef and mix well. Shape into a round loaf.

Cut three 20” x 3” strips of heavy duty foil and arrange the strips so they resemble the spokes of a wheel. Place meatloaf in the center and pull the ends of the foil strips up and together like handles. Using the handles, transfer the meatloaf to the crock pot, leaving the foil in during cooking time.

Combine the ketchup, brown sugar and hot sauce and pour over the meat loaf. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted in the center reads 160 degrees. Let stand 10 minutes; then use foil strips to remove meatloaf from crock pot.

Sideline Meatball Tortellini 6 servings

16 oz frozen California-Blend veggies 14 oz frozen Italian meatballs
2 C uncooked dried cheese tortellini 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 ¼ C water ½ t each paprika and garlic powder
Pinch each cayenne, dried thyme, ground cumin

Combine all ingredients in crock pot. Stir well. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until tortellini and vegetables are tender.

Home At Last Ribs 6-8 servings

5 lb boneless pork spareribs, cut op 1 onion, thinly sliced
1 c ketchup ½ c water
¼ C brown sugar ¼ c cider vinegar
2 T Worcestershire sauce 2 t ground mustard
1 ½ t salt 1 t paprika

Place half of the ribs in the crock pot; top with half of the onion. Repeat layers. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over ribs. Cover and cook on low all day.

Tournament Pulled Pork 6 servings

8 oz canned chopped green chilies 8 oz tomato sauce
1 C barbecue sauce 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
¼ C chili powder 1 t ground cumin
1 t ground oregano 2 – 2 ½ lb boneless pork roast
Flour tortillas
toppings: sour cream, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes

In crock pot, combine all ingredients except tortillas and toppings. Cover and cook on low all day. Remove pork and cool slightly. Shred using 2 forks. Return to crock pot and heat through. Serve on flour tortillas with desired toppings.

Melissa Crabtree
05-18-2008, 08:52 PM
BBQed beef

Cook roast (with nothing added) in crockpot on low for 6-8 hours. Dump broth, cover with barbecue sauce and shred/stir! DONE! Major favorite of ours!

Katie
05-20-2008, 10:47 AM
Lydia and I threw this together this morning, and it's cooking right now ~ Mmmmmmm...smells good! :yum:

CHICKEN & DUMPLINGS

4 T. butter
1 T. vegetable oil
1 onion -- chopped
3 lbs. your favorite chicken parts -- cut up
2 c. chicken broth
2 stalks celery
1 T. minced parsley
2 carrots -- peeled, sliced
1 tsp. black pepper
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp. ground allspice
1 c. dry white wine (optional but really adds a nice taste)
1 can refrigerated biscuits
1/2 c. heavy cream
2 T. flour

In a large skillet, brown onion in butter and oil just until tender, then brown chicken parts and place all in a 6-quart crockpot. Add remaining ingredients except heavy cream, flour and biscuits. Cook on high 2-1/2 to 3 hours, or on low 5 to 7 hours. When chicken is done, remove pieces to plate and let cool, then debone. While chicken is cooling, mix flour and cream together, then stir into crockpot. Open biscuits and cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. Drop into crockpot and turn on high. These will need to cook about 30 minutes, until they are firm. Return chicken meat to crockpot after deboning and serve. You can use your own homemade biscuit recipe for canned if you prefer. Serves: 6

Krista Joy
05-20-2008, 05:08 PM
I had great intentions of getting back here and share some recipes in between packing boxes. Then I realized, my friend who helped pack my kitchen packed most of my cookbooks. Sorry about that! Maybe if you are still looking for some recipes in a year when we return to Africa and unpack I can share then...:lol:

Gwyneth in VA
05-20-2008, 07:24 PM
I love this website for Crockpot Recipes:
http://southernfood.about.com/library/crock/blcpidx.htm

Here are a few of my favorite recipes:

*BBQ Crockpot Ribs
http://busycooks.about.com/od/porkribrecip2/r/bbqcrockribs.htm

*Beef Stroganoff
http://southernfood.about.com/od/crockstroganoff/r/bl4c3.htm

*Chicken A la King
http://southernfood.about.com/od/crockpotchicken/r/bl59c4.htm

MicheleNJ
05-21-2008, 11:36 AM
I do baked potatoes in my crockpot. I do a crockpot full. Just wrap in foil puncture with a fork and cook on low all day. They we have a baked potato bar or make twice baked potatoes.
Here (http://koreamom.blogspot.com/2008/04/cooking-in-quanity.html)is a post about it that I put on my blog awhile back.

Nikki
06-03-2008, 01:19 PM
This is one of my newer favorites. It's a huge hit with all my guys! :cool:

ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND PASTA
1 jar (1 lb. 10 oz.) Ragu spaghetti sauce
1 can (10 oz.) diced tomatoes with green chilies
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
Salt to taste
1 lb. Italian sausage (skinned), grilled and cut in half at a diagonal
1 large green pepper, julienned
1 med. yellow onion, sliced (divided)
1 lb. rigatoni or penne pasta

INSTRUCTIONS:
Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Add spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes with green chilies, minced garlic, half of the onion, Italian seasoning, & salt.

Lay the Italian sausage on top of the sauce. Sprinkle the julienned green pepper and the rest of the yellow onion on top.

Cook on high for about one hour. Then turn heat down to low and cook for about 3 hours. Stir, replace lid, and continue cooking about 30 minutes to an hour.

Just before serving, cook pasta according to package directions and drain. Serve sauce over hot cooked pasta.

Michaela in WA
10-08-2008, 12:13 AM
Cook on low 6 to 8 years.

Sorry, to bring the crockpot recipes back up, but I thought 6 to 8 years was too cute! :roflol:

Kendra AU
10-08-2008, 04:51 AM
BBQ Chicken

1 family pack of chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
1 bottle of fav bbq sauce.

Spray the crock. Dump the chicken and bbq sauce in. Cook on HIGH for 5-6 hours if chicken is FROZEN. On LOW for 5-6 hours if chicken is thawed. When chicken is done shred (it will go very easily), mix up and serve on rolls.

Salsa Chicken

1 large jar (sam's choice size) of salsa
1 family pack of chicken breasts, boneless, skinless

Spray Crock. Dump in chicken and salsa. Cook on HIGH for 5-6 ours if chicken is frozen. On LOW for 5-6 hours if chicken is thawed. When done shred and mix up. Serve on tortillas.

You might also enjoy this site: 365 Days Of Crockpotting (http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/). Lots of yum-o there.

I'll also add that i do chicken and beef roasts in the crock. I simple spray the crock, put the meat in and cook on the setting as indicated in the book. The roasts come out sooo nice and juicy. I like to do a traditional marinaded beef roast for sandwiches. When I do chicken's, it's the same method, but a WHOLE chicken.

Oh, and as for a pork roast Cider Pork Roast (http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Cider-Pork-Roast). This is SOOOO good. We've done it with and without the cherries (depending on if I have any) and we've done it with dried rosemary as well as apple juice instead of cider. Yumm-o no matter what.

Also, Michele (http://koreamom.blogspot.com/2008/04/cooking-in-quanity.html) has a great way of doing baked potatoes in the crock on her blog. :)

Spaghetti is another thing you can do easily. I make up sauce and keep it in the freezer. Then you can put it and the meatballs in the crock to cook/warm until you are ready for it.

Kendra

Trudy
10-08-2008, 07:10 AM
Sorry, to bring the crockpot recipes back up, but I thought 6 to 8 years was too cute! :roflol:

I didn't even notice that I had typed years instead of hours! :roflol:
I guess I must really plan my meals out to be cooking for 6 to 8 years in advance! :roflol:

Lisa in NE Alabama
10-08-2008, 08:59 AM
CROCKPOT CHICKEN STROGNOFF
Dice 4 chicken breasts
2 Tbsp. butter
1 package DRY Italian Seasonings Dressing Mix
Add 1 8 oz. package cream cheese for the last 30 minutes (you can use a smaller amount -- I often use about 3/4 of a container of Whipped Cream Cheese)

OH MY, this sounds so :yum: :yum: YUMMY Comfort food!!!!

Melanie
10-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Sorry, to bring the crockpot recipes back up...

I am so glad to have this thread going again, as I am really trying to find some new crockpot recipes!

Last night, I took 3 chicken breasts, a can of cream of chicken soup and some salsa (maybe about a cup) and put it all in the crockpot. I cooked it on low all day and then shredded the chicken and we had tacos. It was great (and soooo easy) :D . Even my ds who hates chicken ate it:clap:

CJ
10-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Thank you everyone that shared!! I came here for something to make on Thursday night and instead found enough to get thru fall and winter, lol.

WHOO HOO!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Jenny B
10-11-2008, 04:43 PM
This is perfect timing!!! Thanks for starting this thread, Sasha!! We will be without a stove for the next couple of months and I am counting on my dear crock pot!!! :D

One of our favorites that hasn't been mentioned yet is

Becky Jane's Italian Beef Sandwiches (French Dip Sandwiches)

1 beef roast (2-3 lb)
1 pkg dry Italian dressing mix
1 can beef consomme
1 pkg Au Jus mix (I use a concentrated liquid au jus (found at our local store) and add about 1/2 cup water too)

Mix ingredients and pour over roast in crock. Cook on high for about 8 hours.

We broil long buns with a little butter until they are crispy. They are so :yum:

Christi in VA
10-11-2008, 05:55 PM
How do you cook rice in your crock pot?

I have one of those crock pots that has two pieces of stoneware. One is the traditional oval shape, the other is two-sided. I put water in the rice side and leave it in there while the other stuff is cooking. Then, a few hrs out, I add the rice to the water. (I use the old fashioned rice, not instant).

Tami in FL
10-13-2008, 01:43 PM
I have one of those crock pots that has two pieces of stoneware. One is the traditional oval shape, the other is two-sided. I put water in the rice side and leave it in there while the other stuff is cooking. Then, a few hrs out, I add the rice to the water. (I use the old fashioned rice, not instant).

I have one of these as well but never have heard of doing rice. Does it really work? I think I might try it.

Tricia O
10-14-2013, 10:54 AM
Resurrecting an oldie but goodie. :)

Loree'
10-14-2013, 11:09 AM
I have four crock pot recipes on my blog. http://loreethedomesticdiva.wordpress.com/category/crock-pot/

mac & cheese
chicken quinoa chili
sesame chicken
french dip sandwiches

Heather (WI)
10-14-2013, 01:50 PM
Oh, these are great! Glad it was brought up again!! I tend to be boring and just make roasts and BBQ chicken-type dishes, but these sound delicious!!

Merrilee Morse
10-14-2013, 02:55 PM
I was coming in to post Becky Jane's french dip recipe, but I see someone beat me to it. That is my family's favourite crockpot recipe, hands down!

Beth in Texas
10-14-2013, 06:27 PM
Easy hot beef sandwiches....
Beef roast (most of the time i don't thaw before crockpotting)
3 or 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 onion, sliced
1/3 c. Vinegar
Salt and pepper

Cover and cook on low 6 - 8 hours. Fork shred and serve on hamburger rolls.

Beth in Texas
10-14-2013, 06:39 PM
Another favorite....

Fiesta Chicken OR Beef
Boneless/skinless chicken pieces OR stew meat (beef)
Jar of salsa
Package of taco mix
1/2 c. Water
Can of corn, drained
can of black beans

Mix water, salsa, and taco mix. Pour over meat. Cover and cook low 6-8 hours. About 30 minutes before serving add corn and beans. Serve over rice or corn chips or serve as tacos with all the fixings.

Paige P
10-14-2013, 07:03 PM
For those of you making Becky Jane's Beef sandwiches, or Beth, with your hot beef sandwiches, what KIND of "roast beef" do you buy? Like an actual chuck roast? or shoulder or???????

Beth in Texas
10-14-2013, 09:17 PM
I *think* it's chuck roast....whatever the cheapest cut beef roast is....I typically buy them at Sam's in a 3-pack.

Robin in Colorado
10-15-2013, 08:05 AM
My newest go-to crockpot recipe is Crockpot Chili Colorado. Got it from Pinterest and made a few adjustments.

3-4 pound pork roast
1 medium onion
3 t minced garlic
3 15 oz cans diced tomatoes
28 oz can Hatch diced green chiles, mild
1 t ground cumin
1 t salt
1 t black pepper
1/2 t chile powder

Throw this all in your crockpot and cook on low all day. About 15 minutes before you are ready to eat, wrap some flour tortillas in foil and throw them in a 300 degree oven. While they are warming, remove the roast from the pot and shred with two forks; return the meat to the crockpot.

Serve the chili in the tortillas, and top with shredded cheddar cheese and with a good brand of sour cream. Chopped fresh tomatoes are a good addition, too.

This feeds a crowd. Usually we have it for dinner, then lunch, then freeze for another meal. Or it's great to take to church potluck, or to make when everyone in your daughters' dance class decides last minute to come by and rest before dress rehearsal and suddenly there are 10 teen dancers in your house who find they are hungry... (as moms, we knew that would happen, didn't we? and we planned ahead :lol: )

MichelleTN
10-15-2013, 08:38 AM
For those of you making Becky Jane's Beef sandwiches, or Beth, with your hot beef sandwiches, what KIND of "roast beef" do you buy? Like an actual chuck roast? or shoulder or???????

I think Becky Jane's called for rump roast. The 1st time I made it I went out and bought it specifically for that meal. After that I used whatever kind I had in the freezer. I also didn't thaw it first. I just stuck everything in the crockpot before bed. Woke to a great smelling house.....and hungry too :yum:

MichelleTN
10-15-2013, 10:02 AM
Ranch Pork Chops in the Crock-Pot
pork chops
ranch packet
cream of chicken soup
1 can water

Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.

Goes great with mashed potatoes
The soup and ranch mix make a gravy

BBQ
pork butt
Lawry's seasoning
soda
bbq sauce

Sprinkle a little Lawry's all over pork.
Place in crockpot
Pour a can soda over -- any brand, any flavor even diet
Turn on low for 8-10 hours
Pull out, shred and eat with favorite bbq sauce.

I don't even thaw the pork. It goes from freezer to crockpot.

shonda in ca
10-15-2013, 05:08 PM
Resurrecting an oldie but goodie. :)

:lol: I was reading it thinking it was a new thread and wondered why so many people were using horrible grammar: "I got a crock pot, too"! I then saw all of these old names like Nicole and Krista Joy and was like "What the heck???" :lol: (It was right after Christmas so I guess a lot of ladies "got a crock pot" as a gift!)

Nothing new from me. Roast, taco soup, ham. I don't use it for a big variety of things.

Merrilee Morse
10-15-2013, 09:51 PM
For BJ's french dip, I use whatever kind of roast is the cheapest, and it is always :yum: