PDA

View Full Version : Prayer for a Child

Shannon
02-20-2007, 08:55 PM
Hi Ladies,
Just wondering if any of you have done this one. I think we'll do this one next week. Any ideas for a craft to go along with this one? Just wondering what you all had done. Thanks!

Holly S
02-21-2007, 06:43 AM
http://www.dltk-bible.com/craft-index.htm

There are several angel crafts here that would go with the book since the little girl collects angels.

AndreaD
02-21-2007, 07:56 AM
I think we did this one around Thanksgiving time, and made "thankful books" things we were thankful for- cut pictures out of magazines and glued them on.

Ely in Chicago
02-21-2007, 02:39 PM
Shannon,

This is not a craft idea but something that was very special to my son with this book was that I taught him the "Jesus, loves the little children" song while looking at the page of the children from all over the world.

This became his favorite page and even now everywhere he sees a picture of kids from many races always mentions..."remember, mami like the kids from prayer for a child".

This is special to me because I want my children to develop a love for people of all nations.

Amity Decker
02-22-2007, 09:50 AM
I put this one on hold at the library so we will be doing this one next week too! Looking for great ideas :)

Ds 3 is really starting to pay more attention to Jesus stories and enjoying Sunday school so I figure this will be perfect to do!

Essy
02-22-2007, 10:31 AM
We are doing this one this week and are having some wonderful discussions. Both my children were adopted and each come from different cultural backgrounds. I got a small map of the world (a place mat actually) and pointed out the places where their birth families were from(Asia and Africa) and where mommy and daddy came from (Europe)...and how we all look different just like the chilren in the book. At the Bless My Mother and My Father...we had a discussion on the different types of 'mothers and fathers'...that there was mommy and daddy, but they also had birth mothers and that some kids have step mothers and others have foster mothers and there are also grand mothers and God mothers etc.

We haven't had a chance to do a lot of actual activities though...just mostly deep discussions.