PDA

View Full Version : White queso dip?

Candace C
05-23-2008, 11:52 AM
Ladies, do ya'll know what I'm talking about? When we go out to eat Mexican and get queso dip for our chips or nachos and cheese, the cheese sauce and queso is WHITE cheese.

Does anyone have a recipe for this? What kind of cheese is it?

This is one of my favorite things to eat! :) I also love the old regular - velveeta and rotel/salsa, but I thought I would see if anyone had a recipe or knew what the white stuff was? It is SO much yummier!!

Kendall in GA
05-23-2008, 12:15 PM
Does anyone have a recipe for this?

Girlfriend, I know what you're talkin' about...Mmm! Mmm! I don't have a recipe; but, I do know where to buy it...Aldi's! It is :yum:!

Candace C
05-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Ooh, you can buy it already made?!!? :D

We don't have an Aldi's though...I will have to try and see if I can find it elsewhere. Is it in a big can like the orange nacho cheese comes in?

Kendall in GA
05-23-2008, 12:27 PM
Is it in a big can like the orange nacho cheese comes in?

It's in a glass jar. I'll have to check out the brand and see what kind of cheese is used the next time I'm in Aldi's.

Barbra in FL
05-23-2008, 12:50 PM
We're big fans of it too!

I found a recipe online... not sure where it is though.... but could never find the cheese. Then not long ago I found some queso in the cheese section at the grocery store. I don't recall the brand (something ole I think) but it's a square plastic container with a green lid and cost about $4.50. Not cheap and a little spicier than what we're used to, but it's a good treat.

Fran
05-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Candace,

My sister-in-law used to own 4 Mexican restaurants in Georgia. We worked for her for 8 months. I don't know the exact recipe but the ingredient list is simple:

milk
jalapenos (from a jar)
White American Cheese (The key is to buy Easy Melt White American Cheese. Land O'Lakes sells it sometimes in the deli section at the store in a LARGE block.)

Melt cheese, adding milk to reach the desired consistency and jalapenos to taste. I think it might have been blended to mix the jalapenos in more thoroughly.

I've also never tried this brand, but you might look for it in your store.

Gordo's (http://www.gordos.cc/availability.htm)

Candace C
05-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Thank you, Fran! I'm going to look for that cheese!! :yum:

Gwen in Texas
05-23-2008, 11:35 PM
Could it be queso asadero cheese? I see that at HEB and have wondered if it is the cheese used.

Trudy
05-24-2008, 12:51 PM
I've never tried it but I saw a jar of it today at our local small Wal-Mart.