PDA

View Full Version : Model Boats for My Blue Boat

Shannon
02-22-2007, 08:25 PM
Just thought I'd mention that Julie posted this over on the FIAR board.
At Michael's today she found 1$ Craft kits for wooden model boats, airplanes, etc. I thought the boats might work well for My Blue Boat. The kits include the wood pieces, paint, paintbrushes and glue.You just paint the wood pieces and glue together. (My dh and son did a racecar kit like this a couple years ago, and they really enjoyed it.)

Here's her post:
Well, we tried the craft kits ...
... and they get a definite thumbs up! Look for brightly colored (red, yellow, blue & green) boxes about the size that checks come in from the bank.
Besides the sailboats, they have a birdhouse, biplane, helicopter, and racecar. This was well worth the $1 per kit.

Amity Decker
02-23-2007, 04:30 AM
Oohhh, good idea! I saw those there but because we're not doing that book yet I never even thought of it! I'll add that to my list of things to do this weekend! :)

Waverley
02-23-2007, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I'll be looking this weekend too.

Robin H in VA
02-23-2007, 02:34 PM
You all are not going to regret buy these. They are great.

A Note: Buy plenty. If you dc are like my ds, they will want to do these whenever.

I purchased a few from Dollar Tree a few years ago and went back and could not find any (went to several stores) Then, early last year I found them again, did the same thing and when I went back to get a few more, they were all gone. I found them again in the late fall, around October/November and I bought one of everything they had.

I have not gotten the car, train, plane or one other birdhouse. (Several birdhouses available)

Going to Michael's today after work.

Have fun. If you get the birdhouses, you can put them outside only you have to spray them with a sealer of some sort.

PS These are what got my ds into models. Now he is doing model cars and Lego models. He doesn't play with these models though.