PDA

View Full Version : Blueberries for Sal

Edwena
02-27-2007, 10:01 AM
Just thought I'd let you ladies know that I was at Wal-Mart last night and they have little tins in the Easter section. They come in all kinds of pastel colors and they are only $1.00. We are going to be using them for Blueberries for Sal. Just thinking ahead.

Shannon F.
02-27-2007, 11:37 AM
Wanted to add, that I got a pail in the dollar isle of Target for the same purpose!

Amity Decker
02-27-2007, 11:50 AM
that's such a cute idea! I love that book!

Keli B
02-27-2007, 04:55 PM
I bought tin pails at Target last year around Easter and saved them for the very same purpose! When we rowed Blueberries for Sal earlier this year I had my boys drop real (frozen) blueberries into a pail everytime Sal dropped one into her pail. They got to eat blueberries everytime Sal did. They loved hearing the "kerplink" of the real blueberry in the tin pail. They also discovered a love of blueberries! This was one of their favorite activities from Blueberries for Sal and they now ask for blueberries whenever we pull the book off the shelf! We had a blast with this book.

Robin H in VA
02-27-2007, 08:20 PM
I also purchased a pail last year at Wal-Mart for when we do Sal. I also purchased, in the craft dept. a bag of wooden beads, about the size of a blueberry. They are all round and I thought I would paint them (before hand) to use as blueberries when we read the book.

DS loves blueberries, but we can never get to a "pick your own" farm before blueberry season is over. And they are so expensive in the stores.

I am going to get on a mailing list of some local farms or something so that I can remember when it is blueberry time.:lol:

Jen in SC
02-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the great idea! :kiss:

Candace C
02-27-2007, 08:49 PM
Oh Keli, that is a fabulous idea!! Thanks for sharing!!