PDA

View Full Version : Mirette - Boarding House/What did you do?

Tamie_in_MI
08-07-2008, 09:44 PM
My daughter is begging for Mirette on the Highwire for a third time before moving on to BYFIAR.

I want to make it very special for her. I'm sure it's the boarding house idea that we tried before is what she's mostly wanting to repeat.

What did you do for your boarding house?

Paige P
08-08-2008, 06:53 AM
We haven't rowed this yet, but the new Kit movie (Am. Girl movie) really shows what boarding house life is like :)

LisaW
08-08-2008, 09:14 AM
Last year we took my DD doll house and played with it and the little people... She loved it... She would pretend to collect the "the rent, madam"... DS was more into pretending to be the waiter at dinner... But they both had fun with it...

Tamie_in_MI
08-08-2008, 09:33 AM
We haven't rowed this yet, but the new Kit movie (Am. Girl movie) really shows what boarding house life is like :)

What is the name of the movie? Do you know if libraries tend to carry these titles?

Paige P
08-08-2008, 11:11 AM
What is the name of the movie? Do you know if libraries tend to carry these titles?

The movie is Kit Kittridge (sp?) -- it came out this summer (maybe July 1?). I'm not sure if it's still in theaters or not -- I think there was a thread recently that they were getting ready to take it out of the theaters. Since it was just out, though, I have no idea when it'll be coming out on DVD. I know our library has the other 2 Am. Girl movies on DVD that you can borrow, but since this one is so new it'll probably be a while......

Tamie_in_MI
08-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Thanks,

You are correct. Our library does not have it.