PDA

View Full Version : Nikki's White Garlic Lasagna

Jenny B
08-18-2008, 03:23 PM
Please.... :) :yum: (actually I think it is called white/garlic lasagne??)

I have been thinking of asking this for a while and have finally remembered. This is such an amazing recipe! :)

Becky Jane
08-18-2008, 05:19 PM
I'm making this tomorrow night for Troy & his crew. They love it. One of his guys was recently transferred to another station house. I'm actually dropping off a 9x9 for him on the way to see Troy. He heard I was bringing it up. :lol: :)

Nikki's Garlic White Lasagna

9 lasagna noodles
1 pound Italian sausage
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
1 (7 oz) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
cup chicken broth
10 oz pkg frozen chopped spinach
16 oz cottage cheese
1 egg
teaspoon salt
teaspoon pepper
1 (16 oz) jar Alfredo sauce
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Grated Parmesan cheese

Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Return sausage to skillet.

Meanwhile, cook garlic, onion, and mushrooms in olive oil over medium-high heat until vegetables are tender. Add vegetables, roasted red pepper, and chicken broth to sausage in skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes or till most of liquid has evaporated.

Squeeze thawed spinach between paper towels to remove excess liquid. Combine spinach with cottage cheese, egg, salt, and pepper. Stir well.

Spread cup Alfredo sauce in the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. Top with 3 cooked lasagna noodles. Top with half the spinach mixture and half the sausage mixture. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining 3 noodles and mozzarella. Pour remaining Alfredo sauce over mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.

Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 15 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.

Kendall in GA
08-18-2008, 05:25 PM
Ooo! Sounds :yum:...I'll have to add this to my dinner co-op rotation this fall. :)

Rachel Jane
08-18-2008, 06:06 PM
:yum:

Jenny B
08-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Thank you, Becky Jane! :clap: Your husband and his crew are blessed! :D

We were so blessed to have Nikki make this for us after we had our little guy. My dh said it was just like eating from a fancy restaurant! :) :yum:

Nikki
08-18-2008, 06:26 PM
Jenny, you are so sweet. :kiss: Praying for you guys...