PDA

View Full Version : vocabulary words

Elissa (MN)
09-02-2008, 11:18 PM
I'll be trying the 10x10" spiral scrapbooks with my girls in FIAR ... how do those of you who notebook this way do your vocab words?
Looking for your great ideas! :thumb:
Thanks!

Robin in Al
09-03-2008, 07:19 AM
I found some library pockets at a teacher supply store. I add one to their page and have them print there vocabulary words on notecards. This way they can take them out of the notebook and review them. For the younger ones who are not writing, I print the word with a highlighter and they trace the word.
The week we are rowing a book the notecard are up on the wall.

Paige P
09-03-2008, 08:45 AM
I typically print out the vocabulary cards from www.homeschoolshare.com if there are any available for the book we're rowing. Then I either do one of two things: make a "book" out of construction paper where we put the picture on one "page" and the definition on it's facing "page" OR we make a "pocket" out of construction paper and put the printout of the vocab picture and definitions in that pocket (similar to what Robin mentioned except it's homemade).

Holly S
09-03-2008, 09:35 AM
I put our vocabulary words on notecards. I search Google images for pictures to go along with the words (unless HSS already has clip art). They go into library pockets in DD's scrapbook so she can take them out. Our local teacher's store has library pockets for 10 cents each or I buy them from Rainbow Resource.

Jeni
09-03-2008, 09:42 AM
We've done library pockets, I just make ours from cardstock. We also have done matchbooks and flapbooks for vocab words.

Christi in VA
09-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Last year I did the scrapbooks but I still used the index card/ card box idea from Jane Claire that is in the FIAR manual at the beginning. It was no big deal since Jane suggests noting which title the word came from.