PDA

View Full Version : Bee Tree go-alongs

Susan in Kentucky
09-09-2008, 01:57 PM
In another thread I mentioned about having 30 books from the library. These are a few that really stood out.

1. Ruby Lee, The Bumble Bee by Dawn Matheson has a wonderful bits about God giving you the ability to do things you don't think you can do.

2. Honeybee's Busy Day by Richard Fowler has a little bee on the front cover that you take out of the pocket and it goes through slits in the book as it travels from place to place. My kids really liked this one and we had to read it over and over so that everyone had a chance to move the bee through the book.

3. Happy Bees by Arthur Yorinks. When we read the book it was okay, BUT there is a CD with the book that has about 8-10 songs about bees. Very cute - dd has been listening to it and choreographing dances to go along with the songs!:lol:

4. When the Bees Fly Home by Andrea Cheng. This book really has a FIAR 'feel' to it. JANE - if you haven't read it I think you would love it. Here's the synopsis from Amazon: Hard times have fallen on Jonathan's family. There is a drought and the bees that provide his family's living are not producing honey. It doesn't help that Jonathan is not as suited for the heavy work of beekeeping as his younger brother, whom his father seems to favor. But when Jonathan decorates his mother's handmade beeswax candles, he discovers a talent that can help the family. The candles sell well at the market, and the family comes home with a stack of orders for more. Large, captivating watercolors accompany this moving story of a boy whose search for acceptance leads him to discover his own abilities. Facts about bees, printed in text that loops like the flight of the insect, complement the family story on each page.

We really enjoyed rowing The Bee Tree.

Traci in Japan
09-09-2008, 07:06 PM
We don't have The Bee Tree , but every time I read The Big Honey Hunt (Berenstain) I wonder if it would be a go-along. It is such a funny story.

Susan in Kentucky
09-10-2008, 02:31 PM
That was one of the 30 books in the library kit I got. It is a cute story!