PDA

View Full Version : How About Katy No Pocket?

Amanda Williams
03-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Would you share what activities you did when you rowed this book. We will be starting it this weekend. :)

Thanks!

AndreaD
03-08-2007, 08:17 AM
With Boys- we had lots of fun with the Tool ideas in the manual. And of course acting it out- and trying out the different ways the moms carried their babies. :D

Holly S
03-08-2007, 08:39 AM
We haven't done this activty yet, but it looked like a fun craft to go along with the book. http://www.dltk-kids.com/world/australia/mdotart.htm

Karrie AK
03-08-2007, 09:55 PM
We just did katy no pocket, and my DS loved it. we made an apron with many of pockets, I can post that if you would like to see it. We also made a lap book, and I made library pockets about 9 of them, and printed out the animals listed in the back of the book that all went in her pockets. We also did the letter K for handwriting practice, and colored kangaroos, and read two other books about kangaroos. We had a great time and now I am stumped on how to beat what I just did. I did do the fold in learn for big green pocketbook, that was great also. If you have anymore questions let me know. Have fun rowing with it. Karrie

Amy SD
03-09-2007, 02:25 AM
My kids enjoyed making a book of pictures of all the animals they could find in the illustrations, not just the ones mentioned in the book (spider and frog, as well as kangaroo and alligator). We spent many a morning moving around the house like each of those animals, too. We also wore aprons with stuffed animals in the pockets.
We just got a big world map for the playroom wall, and have been putting pictures of animals on counties where they live (with poster putty).
Our 2yo dd loved turning the book upside down when the man emptied out his apron!

Amanda Williams
03-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Karrie, I would love to see your apron!
Thanks for sharing you plans, girls.
I'll post here if I come up with anything else. :D :hi: