PDA

View Full Version : We're Going on a Bear Hunt

Essy
03-10-2007, 08:43 AM
We are going to be rowing this next week. Any ideas?

Ely in Chicago
03-11-2007, 02:24 PM
We followed all the ideas in the manual. But by far the favorite thing for the boys was to act out the story. We all took turns being the bear. We put a blanket over a large table for the cave. We did this sooo many times every day that week.

Another thing we enjoyed a lot was using the patterns from the story that someone had posted before on this board and taped them to our little table and used "Little People" to walk around the parts and little teddy bear on top of the cave scene.

http://kizclub.com/storypatterns/bearhunt(C).pdf

Edwena
03-11-2007, 02:39 PM
We really like this book. We counted out our plastic bears. We made bear cookies. Wal-Mart had a little ceramic like bear in the craft section which each of the children painted(all different colors I might add). I also got two different books at the library on bears. We read about polar bears and grizzly bears. We got bear dominos from billybear4kids.com. They also have some printouts available too. That's the main things I can remember right now. Enjoy your book.

Edwena

Lisa in AL
03-11-2007, 07:34 PM
We followed all the ideas in the manual. But by far the favorite thing for the boys was to act out the story. We all took turns being the bear. We put a blanket over a large table for the cave. We did this sooo many times every day that week.

I agree that the manual is so rich with ideas. :yes: My little ones favorite thing to do is act out this story. We do it at least once a day here almost everyday.:)

ab.grace
03-13-2007, 09:26 PM
and the kids just loved it so much!! Also the other day I was reading the Berentain Bears and the Spooky Old Tree to my kids and there was a similar type of story line. The bears are going into an old tree, they happen upon many things that they dare to do and when they go over the bear, well they run back the same way they came all the way home. I thought it might be a great go-along for this book.

AB

Essy
03-14-2007, 07:24 AM
I can't believe how much my kids ARE loving this book. I have to read Five in A Rowe...all in one day...lol. We haven't even done that many activities yet...they just love reading it. It is really warm out today, so we'll probably go out and have them act it out outside.

We are also doing the Adam and Eve/ Garden of Eden story along with it. Last week we started with Creation when we did 'Caps for Sale'(because of the work and rest connection), so I figured we'd continue with that as we head into Easter and introduce a bit of Salvation History. So the tie in is that in the beginning Adam and Even lived in the Garden with all of God's Creation including the wild animals and they weren't scared. Then once sin entered things changed, pretty much as in the end of the story where they are now running away from the bear. As we go along I ask them, 'who created the grass?'..'who created the river?' and so forth. It's been fun.